The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayaaa4
hey guys, I have a quick question. You can't go into clearing unless your unis replied right? I'm still waiting out for my firm to decide (missed my offer by a grade).
Congrats to you all though :smile:

Yes thats right. Give your uni a ring, they will probaably have decided and UCAS may not have updated it yet. that was the case for me! Good luck!
Needed AAB, got BBB, got in. Thank you Birmingham.
Needed a C, a Merit and a Distinction. Still was accepted by Coventry Uni even though I got a D, a Merit and a Distinction.
Don't know if it qualifies for 'missed grades' but I missed my offer. Needed B in Bio and B in Chem. Entry requirements was BBB. Chemistry wasn't required but described as an 'advantage'. Had previous A levels from school ABD and Dist in National Award Applied Science. Achieved B in Bio and C in Chem. Rang multiple times to say I had achieved and exceeded entry requirements as my highest was ABB regardless of the chemistry grade as it wasn't required. Took my phone number at 1:30pm today. Application changed 9:10pm tonight to unconditional. It's taken me 4 years to get in but I managed it after pure persistence both academically and phoning.
I applied for Birmingham City Uni and they told me at the interview it was going to be a standard offer, then on UCAS it also said it was a standard offer. Anyway I was required to get Distinction,Merit,Merit (I done BTEC at college) but when I got my certificates the other day I had only got Merit,Merit,Pass. Must admit I was quite upset as I phoned clearing. They told me to check my e-mails and then call admissions if nothing was there. To my amazement there was an e-mail, confirming my place but what made me even more shocked was when I opened the e-mail it said "Conformation of your Unconditional Offer" I had a smile on my face the whole day!! so I am going to bcu in september :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChildInDisguise
Was expected to get A*CC but got A*CD and was still accepted!
Considering I got EUD last year, I'm pretty happy!

What Uni was it
I just got into Manchester metrapolital on BCD (B in psychology, C in biology, D in environmental studies) No idea why. I was mean to get BBB to get in but they changed my offer to an unconditional.
I eventually want to work as a psychologist, bearing that in mind would it be wise to pay to retake the biology test at the end of the year just to at least get a B? and if so how would I go about setting that up?
Reply 1387
I needed A*AA, I got A*AB and the B was a 79. So I missed by ONE MARK. But I got in. :biggrin: HAHA

King's College
Original post by Dank108
Got in to Southampton with BBB even though they required AAB...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey what are you studying at Southampton? I'm doing Spanish & Latin American Studies
My offer for Exeter to study English Literature was AAB.. Got in with A*AC :biggrin:
Original post by AnimeTenchou
Needed AAB, got BBB, got in. Thank you Birmingham.

That's surprising for Birmingham.
Just wondering, have universities been lenient the year?
No they haven't in my case or a girl that is going to same place as me. They are forcing people to meet the correct entry requirements and won't let any of us slightly below this to gain entry...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1393
Original post by Bluebells60
No they haven't in my case or a girl that is going to same place as me. They are forcing people to meet the correct entry requirements and won't let any of us slightly below this to gain entry...

Posted from TSR Mobile

where's this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1394
Original post by newguy101
Need AAA for Manchester, accepted with ABB

for what course?
St Andrews?
Original post by SimpsP
Friend of mine is studying chemistry at Durham A*AA offer she got AAA and got in.
Another friend of mine is doing mechanical (I think) engineering, he was offered ABB for Lancaster and got ABC and got in.
So you know, have faith those who will one day look at this forum in dread.

I needed A*AA for Durham and just missed the A* and was rejected :frown:
My friend got into York for English with BBC, when her offer was AAA
Original post by VictorFoxtrot
What course was this please?

Geography Bsc :smile:
I got into Royal Holloway with ABB when they required AAB to study Psychology. I cried with complete relief when I was offered a place in spite of my grades.
That's why I like the uni, it's very holistic when looking at what prospective students have to offer unlike many of the Russel Group unis that care about their reputation over potential in students (not in every case however). Although one student got in with BCD others were rejected for missing their grades so I'm taking it personal statements are important at RH.
Can't wait for September, very excited about the psychology department (it's amazing) and the general atmosphere of the place!
Oh and there's a Domino's nearby, get in.

Latest

Trending

Trending