The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChrisP97
Any success stories with UCL? Specifically economics/ maths/ statistics related courses?

From a quick scan it doesn't look good:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2786463&query=UCL
I needed BBB to study biomed at kent and i got accepted with BBD!!

what about KCL?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
what about KCL?

You can search the thread, same as I did.
Original post by Hydeman
I thought Bristol's standard offer for chemistry was A*AA, inclusive of chemistry and mathematics? :holmes:

yeah that's the standard offer, i think i got made an ABB offer because of the school i went to or something? im doing physics, chem and maths maybe that's why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Humza Ali
yeah that's the standard offer, i think i got made an ABB offer because of the school i went to or something? im doing physics, chem and maths maybe that's why?

The school you went to, if it's flagged as a poorly performing one, can get you a contextual offer from Bristol but yours is even lower than that (AAA/AAB, I believe), so I can only assume that it's a discretionary thing. :s-smilie:

Anyway, congratulations on getting it. Hopefully you'll meet it on results day.
I failed maths completely, I remember literally everyone telling me, especially my head of year who despised me (she was also a maths teacher) I would be a failure at life if I didn't do my higher. Being the rebellious teen I am (note the sarcasm) I crashed higher drama instead. Eventually I applied to uni and got in with an unconditional. I remember the week after my head of year asked me if I had heard anything back from the unis. When I told her she didn't believe me XD she eventually found out I was telling the truth. My fondest memory of school was the outraged look on her face when I told her "maths was sh**" as I walked out of school for the last time like a boss :smile:
I have an offer for ABB from Royal Holloway for economics. If I get ABC, will they take me? It's my firm choice too
Reply 1788
Any success stories from Warwick for History and Sociology joint course? If not, are success stories with other courses at Warwick

Oh ffs, thanks anyway
Reply 1790
Anyone who missed grades but got in Kingston University?
Please tell me thanks in advance! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1791
Original post by Dan_Jr

What subjects did you take & what was the D in??
Original post by Ordo

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2786463&query=kingston

Original post by Onica
Any success stories from Warwick for History and Sociology joint course? If not, are success stories with other courses at Warwick

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2786463&query=warwick

Original post by Cocopops121
I have an offer for ABB from Royal Holloway for economics. If I get ABC, will they take me? It's my firm choice too

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2786463&query=royal+holloway
Hello sorry if this has been asked before.
Got an AAB offer from Nottingham for accounting, finance and management. I think I got ABB in my A2s this year is it likely I will still be accepted?
If not is it possible to apply to another course at Nottingham this year? I don't mind what it is as long as its finance related.

Thanks,

Edit: Notts is my firm choice, accommodation done plus got alumni connection
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dan_Jr

Did you still get a B in biology? I think I'm going to get a C and I really worried they wont let me in, have you heard of anyone getting in with a C in bio?

*Update* BBC in (biology, history and chemistry, respectively) and was accepted for an offer off ABB in 2016 :smile: Entering my final year of Biomed at Kent now (welp!) and loving it - A level chemistry really gave me an advantage!
(edited 5 years ago)
I need AAB for econ. with spanish at cardiff...ABB (Spanish, maths, economics) still likely?? It is only my insurance as well
I put King's as my firm and I need AAA for European Studies French pathway, I'm doing 4 Alevels and I think I might get A*ABB, is it still likely I'll get in? Also, might seem like a stupid question but in light of the referendum results is there any point in me doing European studies or should I just go for International Relations which is what I'd be doing at my insurance?
Original post by Ordo

Hey mate :smile:

What course/entry requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1798
Do you think I'll get into Warwick with A*BB instead of my orginal offer, AAB?? The course is History and Sociology
Hi guys! I really need some advice! So this year I decided to sit an entire maths a level in a year alongside 2 other subjects - the thing is, I self taught myself this maths a level and I thought I could manage it, but I just completely failed all the modules - pretty sure I got an E! I had an offer to study Philosophy at leeds uni - pretty sure i got A*A in my other two subjects - any advice what to do? Take a gap year? Really wanna go to uni this years - and not just any uni - Leeds!

Latest

Trending

Trending