The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

International Political Economy

Hi, I've been looking at the undergraduate degree in International Political Economy at City Uni London but other than the pretty brief information about it on their website, I can't find much else.

Is anyone else on here interested in this course or is anyone else even on it? It seems to be quite a individual one from what I've read, so would love to hear from others before even thinking about attending the open day in September.

So if your on it, what do you think about the course and the uni? And if your just interested like me, why? Would be great to share info on it between us :smile:
Reply 1
I'm doing it this year! I'm just nervous it'll be just around 5 of us attending this course though.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
City International Politics Graduate here, the tea, behind the IPE program is simply amazing and you'll benefit from great teachers, interesting course materials, good debates and most of all, you'll gain a deeper understanding into all the facts you've been presented with as the one and only truth concerning economics. Critical thought gets you ahead
Original post by uannaka
I'm doing it this year! I'm just nervous it'll be just around 5 of us attending this course though.

I'm studying IPE at City this year too! Yeah I agree, i feel like there isn't a detailed break down of the modules either; just a brief summary! I'm nervous about it, but it seems like a course I'll love
Reply 4
Original post by melboudi
City International Politics Graduate here, the tea, behind the IPE program is simply amazing and you'll benefit from great teachers, interesting course materials, good debates and most of all, you'll gain a deeper understanding into all the facts you've been presented with as the one and only truth concerning economics. Critical thought gets you ahead

Nice to see. I hope you will answer some of my questions if you don't mind.

1. How is social life within the uni? I heard that it's pretty bland due to the massive amounts of international students who only hang around themselves. I'm quite a party person so hopefully I can find like-minded party people like me in City.

2. Are there many people doing International Politics? How many people do you have in a lecture/class?

3. I heard the uni feels like a prison sometimes because the buildings are too small but there are too many students. Is this true?

Also from what I saw the library was quite bad. I didn't see that many books at all compared to other unis. That would've mattered 10 years ago but right now we can search for books on the internet anyway.
Reply 5
Wow, it's interesting to hear from a few others who are on the course. I didn't think anyone would reply. :rolleyes:

Am I right in hearing that this year is the first year for the International Political Economy course? That would probably answer why there's little about it on the web. Also, why are you guys taking it? Is it because of the subject or what it could lead to? And did you go to an open day to, what did you think? :smile:

So many questions, but it seems not a lot around on the web to answer them!
Reply 6
I'm going to also be doing IPE this year at City. to be honest, i was torn between studying politics and international relations or Economics, and IPE just seems to combine the 2 perfectly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending