The Student Room Group

(Masters) Cambridge or LSE?

Hi all!

I have offers from Cambridge (MPhil Politics and International Studies) and the LSE (MSc Political Science - Political Science and Political Economy).

I personally like the LSE course more, I like the quantitative approach to political science they focus on. I do like the Cambridge course, but less than the LSE's.

Any advice on which one I should take? Or what factors I should consider?
Reply 1
Both are respected school personally i will go Cambridge purely because how good it looks on a cv
Reply 2
Original post by augnel
Both are respected school personally i will go Cambridge purely because how good it looks on a cv
Do you think Cambridge would be much better on a CV for employers? Or is it more social prestige? Personally, I do really like the LSE course, so if the gap between the job prospects isn't that notable, I'd rather study something I'm more interested in.
Reply 3
Original post by lik7953
Do you think Cambridge would be much better on a CV for employers? Or is it more social prestige? Personally, I do really like the LSE course, so if the gap between the job prospects isn't that notable, I'd rather study something I'm more interested in.
LSE is also very prestige so it will also look great on a cv and its a bonus you like the course and LSE and its like 2 in the uk for international studies but Cambridge is 3 and a extremally respected and looked for by big rich employers Its the same as having Harvard on a cv.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending