The Student Room Group

Rate my diet

My diet was incredibly unhealthy up to a few months ago. I have done a lot of reading up on what makes foods healthy yet I don't know many healthy foods I like thus my new diet isn't diverse. Infact I'm not even sure if my new diet is healthy as I just chose foods which aren't bad for you rather than looking at seeing if i'm getting the right nutrients. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me whether or not my new diet is healthy and if not what should I do to compensate? I plan to make it more diverse than this later on but this is what I have so far:

Breakfast: 3 Oatbix and 3 brazil nuts with a pint glass of water and sometimes a cup of black tea.

Lunch: 2 bananas with 300ml of low lactose (0.5g/100ml) milk and some blueberries. 3 brazil nuts. Pint of water.

Dinner: Scampi with lettuce. Pint of water.

Evening: black tea sometimes.

I've deliberately cut out meat and dairy products except for the low lactose milk which shouldn't be too bad. I realise i'm lacking in fats but that could be fixed with eating a few more nuts I guess. Will be replacing black tea with green tea soon though as I know thats better.
Reply 1
not enough decent green veggies. Salad doesnt count.

also.. is that really enough food to keep you going?
Reply 2
To start with, you're not eating enough.
Reply 3
Are you trying to lose weight becouse it is a rather low calorie diet. If you are already within healthy weight for your haight you should eat a bit more. There is not enough vegetables. Add some pepers, tomaties, cucumbers etc to your lettuce. Also you may wish to have some juice at some point during the day. Why do you cut out diary? If you are not lactose intolerant there is no need for that. You need to watch out not to reduce your calcium intake to much as that can weaken your bones.
low carbs, low fats, high protiens,

thats a not a diet its a quick way to land youself into a hospital
Reply 5
Yes your all right. I need to double my calorific intake as it is currently only 970.

I'm not to sure about your claim regarding the low carbs and fats considering oatbix and bananas are 99% carbs. Milk, scampi and nuts are a good source of fat and protein. Seems pretty balanced to me. Will do some looking into it though thanks. Also I will definitely add more vegetables to it.
Reply 6
Try eating things like almonds (20 is a serving), more greens and meat and dairy are not bad, nowt wrong with them.

Fish is excellent.
Reply 7
Eat more in general. Eat more vegetables as part of that. I'd recommend having something veg based instead of two bananas for lunch.
Reply 8
That's nowhere near enough food. I eat a lot more than that and do very little exercise but I'm small.

You should vary your diet more. Bananas are good for you and all but you need a lot more variety to get all the nutrients your body needs to be healthy. It sounds so precise, too! Quit measuring out your food, and it might become easier to try new things?
Reply 9
As most people have already said - that is way too little food!

There's no need to take diets to such extremes. Just eat sensibly - don't eat too much rubbish like chocolate, fatty foods, foods cooked in oil/batter, and generally try to eat a variety of fruit, veg, carbs and protein.
Reply 10
i would DIE on that little food- all id be fit for is lying in bed sleeping to distract myself from the hunger

if you eat two bananas every single day...i just read somewhere that bananas make your sexual juices taste sweet...so yeah, an added perk for your partner :smile:
Reply 11
Why not add a packet of Rolo's into the mix. Or even some Spinach. Then you'll be like Popeye, or as i like to call him, Harry Redknapp.
Reply 12
You're not eating enuff and cut out the brazil nuts, they contain essential fats that are good for you, but too much and everyday is quite a bit of fat.

Latest

Trending

Trending