The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WishfulDesire
Lincoln is only going on my application because I know the area (I live there now but parents are moving), entry grades are lower and I can get loads I money if I go. xD

I'm hoping I'll get a place at Leicester it looks great! I (luckily) really like organic! It's just all great to me. Now just to hope I can improve my chem grade! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was it?

I like organic too! And physical too

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Good luck guys, if anybody need any help with Edexcel biology, maths and AQA chemistry, feel free to ask me as I got A*A*A in them respectively. Will be off to uni next month to study chemistry :biggrin:

:awesome: you got the Maths A* :biggrin:

Nottingham Nottingham Nottingham woooo
Reply 181
Original post by NinjaPandaa
You could always apply for maths and econ/morse at 4 places and straight econ at cambridge as the course is very mathematical :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of doing this however I'm struggling to right the personal statement to cover both.
Reply 182
Original post by sr234
Same courses I want to apply to! Warwick is still a highly prestigious uni just maybe not in the same league as Oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinking of applying to warwick, lse, durham, birmingham and southampton. How about yourself ?
Original post by Jlendon
I was thinking of doing this however I'm struggling to right the personal statement to cover both.

Even though I'm applying for straight econ my school have told me to make sure I put at least a paragraph in on maths because of the unis I'm applying to, so maybe you could just do a bit more of an equal waiting between maths and econ.
I would say as well that cambridge is only one of your choices and the probability of getting in for econ is only 15% (not that I'm saying you won't get in ahah :colondollar:) so maybe you should just make sure your ps will apply to the other 4 place because it'd be awful to not get any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Yeah that was a complete shock haha especially as I got over 90 in all modules including the horrendous C4 and M1 thank **** for low grade boundaries.

Woo, Nottingham ftw
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What was it?

I like organic too! And physical too

If you mean Lincoln requirements I think they're either ABB or 280 points. Can't remember now. :')

Good luck guys, if anybody need any help with Edexcel biology, maths and AQA chemistry, feel free to ask me as I got A*A*A in them respectively. Will be off to uni next month to study chemistry :biggrin:

Probably going to be bothering you quite a bit then. xD Taking AQA Chemistry and hoping for an A and wanting an A* in Maths too! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that was a complete shock haha especially as I got over 90 in all modules including the horrendous C4 and M1 thank **** for low grade boundaries.

Woo, Nottingham ftw

Oh wow, that's great haha

Are you at all annoyed at not having it in chem instead? How far off were you?

Original post by WishfulDesire
If you mean Lincoln requirements I think they're either ABB or 280 points. Can't remember now. :')

Probably going to be bothering you quite a bit then. xD Taking AQA Chemistry and hoping for an A and wanting an A* in Maths too! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant your chem grade, you said it needed improving !
Reply 187
Original post by overthelove
Go back the day after on the third! Wish we could start a week later! What are you planning to do at Uni? :smile:

Primary education with QTS. I've not heard anyone else on this thread that wants to do the same course, would be nice if I could!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles
I still can't adjust to the fact that I'm 18 in December!!! I still feel like I'm fourteen or something 0.o I feel you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 18 in October! Yet I look about 13 (in my opinion). In fact, my school's UCAS deadline is the day before my birthday... I'd better get started on that personal statement...
Need to put my head down this year and work hard to get to university. It's making me feel so old though!
Original post by Dhibla
Ha, lucky. My parents won't let me take a gap year, so I'm forced to decide within the next month.

That's crazy! I haven't even told my parents yet. They don't want me to go uni and leave home though so I'm sure they'll be happy I'm postponing it haha
Original post by Handles
I'm 18 in October! Yet I look about 13 (in my opinion). In fact, my school's UCAS deadline is the day before my birthday... I'd better get started on that personal statement...

I think I've written three sentences max? I'm quite short so I look a lot younger than my age as well *sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by Katie97
That's crazy! I haven't even told my parents yet. They don't want me to go uni and leave home though so I'm sure they'll be happy I'm postponing it haha

Lol you're lucky. My parents probably think I'm wasting time if I take a gap year or being unproductive, although I've researched tonnes that should persuade them otherwise
Original post by Dhibla
Lol you're lucky. My parents probably think I'm wasting time if I take a gap year or being unproductive, although I've researched tonnes that should persuade them otherwise

People on this forum in the gap year section do cool things that sound appealing. I just hope when I go back to sixth form I don't get caught up in UCAS. What grades did you get at AS?
Reply 194
Original post by Katie97
People on this forum in the gap year section do cool things that sound appealing. I just hope when I go back to sixth form I don't get caught up in UCAS. What grades did you get at AS?

I know! We also had a workshop at school on gap years and it seemed amazing! I've always wanted to travel and a gap year would be a perfect opportunity but parents...
A A B C in history, politics, economics and maths respectively. And yourself?
Original post by Dhibla
I know! We also had a workshop at school on gap years and it seemed amazing! I've always wanted to travel and a gap year would be a perfect opportunity but parents...
A A B C in history, politics, economics and maths respectively. And yourself?

Wow you did great! You shouldn't have any trouble choosing a course and uni with those! I got BBD in the ones I'm continuing to A2 but I'm resitting a lot of modules to get them to AAB ugh. Another reason why I'm probably going to take a gap year is so I can apply to uni with the actual AAB grades at A2 because I doubt my teachers are gonna predict me AAB.
Reply 196
Original post by Katie97
Wow you did great! You shouldn't have any trouble choosing a course and uni with those! I got BBD in the ones I'm continuing to A2 but I'm resitting a lot of modules to get them to AAB ugh. Another reason why I'm probably going to take a gap year is so I can apply to uni with the actual AAB grades at A2 because I doubt my teachers are gonna predict me AAB.

I have to resit an econ paper to get my grade upto an A too, dreading it. I also dread the pressure to get grades at A2 to meet a conditional offer so an unconditional offer after a gap year sounds great. I'm not having a problem with which ones I think I have a shot at, rather which subject to take. Some are really competitive like law so my grades might not make it unfortunately, especially not at the Unis I'm looking at. If you are to take a gap year, what do you want to do?
Reply 197
Original post by Jlendon
Im thinking of applying to warwick, lse, durham, birmingham and southampton. How about yourself ?

Sounds good:smile:
Atm I'm thinking LSE for maths and econ, Warwick MORSE, bristol, UCL and I'm not sure about my fifth choice..:tongue: Although I think it might be a bit risky to apply to all RG uni's so I could change my mind.
I think I've written three sentences max? I'm quite short so I look a lot younger than my age as well *sigh*

I wrote a 2000 character personal statement for UNIQ, for which I was placed on the reserve list, so I'm probably going to just work on that, but I don't really know how to make it good! I've got taller recently, but I'm still rather short compared to most boys in my year.
Reply 199

Posted from TSR Mobile

This sounds just like me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest