The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Original post by samir12
We lost there 3-1, but that was during our lowest point of the season. But psychology always comes into it.

Then you'll lose hopefully :ahee:

On a serious note, i can see Arsenal, Liverpool and United all making it through to the semis without drawing each other in the other rounds.
Hoping for a Liverpool United final and we smash you lot :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9981
Original post by fallen_acorns
would prefer the chance of arsenal having to face liverpool, if it also means the chance of united facing liverpool..

Bassically, I think we can beat liverpool.

But I think liverpool have a better chance of beating united then us.

United are the only team left in the tournement that I think would beat us.

So I would like as many teams to stay in that fit the following criteria:

1, we have a good chance at beating
2, Could upset united

- hence, wanting liverpool to stay in.. Il risk drawing them, if it means an increased chance of united going out.

Yeah defo, united are our bogey team and we're only beating them in the final haha.

I do think there will be more upsets though, this is the FA cup. Money's on palace knocking a silverwear opportunity out if Liverpools hand again - and our man Sanogo to do the damage.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Great win? You scraped a bottom half Championship side... :lolwut:

We played well, not our first team, came out with a win in 90 mins. All I really expect at the moment, given this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TornadoGR4
Great win? You scraped a bottom half Championship side... :lolwut:

So they wanted it more.

A win's a win, plenty of big names have fallen to Championship (and lower) opposition.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Then you'll lose hopefully :ahee:

On a serious note, i can see Arsenal, Liverpool and United all making it through to the semis without drawing each other in the other rounds.
Hoping for a Liverpool United final and we smash you lot :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would rather have United than Arsenal in the final tbh, have more of a chance beating the former.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9985
Yoooo can I make the next thread
Original post by samir12
Final won't be at OT or Anfield, so it could either way. Would rather have United than Arsenal in the final tbh.

Obviously the final wont be at Anfield or OT. Where did you get that from? Semis and finals are at Wembley

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
We played well, not our first team, came out with a win in 90 mins. All I really expect at the moment, given this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
So they wanted it more.

A win's a win, plenty of big names have fallen to Championship (and lower) opposition.

Yeah, you got the win, but I wouldn't choose to describe it as 'great'. I'd be a little bit pissed off actually if I had to rely on 2 goals in the last 10 minutes and a red card to overcome a team in the bottom half of the league below.
Liverpool-United final on the cards.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Obviously the final wont be at Anfield or OT. Where did you get that from? Semis and finals are at Wembley

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I know, just adding it there to support my point that it could go either way, we rarely get United vs Liverpool in a neutral venue.
What a ****ing win, just goes to show how the players kept calm, didn't give up and their patience paid off. :biggrin:

I'm just grateful it didn't go to ET and penalties.
Original post by SA-1
Yeah defo, united are our bogey team and we're only beating them in the final haha.

I do think there will be more upsets though, this is the FA cup. Money's on palace knocking a silverwear opportunity out if Liverpools hand again - and our man Sanogo to do the damage.

that would be beyond glorious :colone:
Reply 9992
Original post by Mackay

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423086839.449073.jpg
Original post by Mackay

Gerrard to have an epic performance and to score a hattrick. Imagine that beating United in the final, on Gerrard's birthday and his last appearance for the club. :coma:
Original post by The.Joker
Gerrard to have an epic performance and to score a hattrick. Imagine that beating United in the final, on Gerrard's birthday and his last appearance for the club. :coma:

I'd break down at the level of emotion that would bring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would take a Liverpool-Arsenal final, too. Knock out United on the way hopefully.
Who's making the next thread?
Reply 9997

I volunteer
Reply 9998
Original post by Obiejess
I'd break down at the level of emotion that would bring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A gerrard slip to lose it would bring more.

Whoever it is needs to PM me when they make it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest