The Student Room Group

Changing my mind about uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm having second thoughts too... I don't think I will be happy at Southampton and I'm thinking about going to Hertfordshire since it's easier to get to where I live :frown:
Original post by marsss
I'm having second thoughts too... I don't think I will be happy at Southampton and I'm thinking about going to Hertfordshire since it's easier to get to where I live :frown:

Why will you not be happy at Southampton - what did you like about it when you applied

Why does getting there easily matter to you - is this just fear of change
Reply 22
Original post by TenOfThem
Why will you not be happy at Southampton - what did you like about it when you applied

Why does getting there easily matter to you - is this just fear of change

I applied there cause the head of my sixthform put a lot of pressure on me and he made almost all the year 13 students in my school to apply to Russell group universities. And it matters to me because I am family oriented. I would want to go home at least every week to see my family but if I go Southampton, it would cost a lot of money and I don't even drive. I haven't even got my license yet.
Original post by marsss
I applied there cause the head of my sixthform put a lot of pressure on me and he made almost all the year 13 students in my school to apply to Russell group universities. And it matters to me because I am family oriented. I would want to go home at least every week to see my family but if I go Southampton, it would cost a lot of money and I don't even drive. I haven't even got my license yet.

If being able to get home that important then you should look at alternatives in clearing or take a gap year

I assume that your grades are well above Herts requirements?
Original post by marsss

but SOUTHAMPTON is really a good uni!! i wish i got in there
Reply 25
If being able to get home that important then you should look at alternatives in clearing or take a gap year

I assume that your grades are well above Herts requirements?

Yeah it's above Herts requirements. I heard from them on result's day but since I'm applying for Nursing, I would have to go to the interview and do maths and english tests. To be honest, I would feel extremely bad when I ask Southampton to release me cause it's a good uni for Nursing but idk. :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 26
Original post by Ekene.smith
but SOUTHAMPTON is really a good uni!! i wish i got in there

I know but it's far from my home. I am not the type to party or make friends either. I will be so lonely.
Original post by marsss
Yeah it's above Herts requirements. I heard from them on result's day but since I'm applying for Nursing, I would have to go to the interview and do maths and english tests. To be honest, I would feel extremely bad when I ask Southampton to release me cause it's a good uni for Nursing but idk. :frown::frown::frown:

I think that you have to decide on your priorities

Southampton is an excellent university
Nursing will be hard work - going home every weekend would not be advisable

Why not look on the subject forum and get some advice
Reply 28
I think that you have to decide on your priorities

Southampton is an excellent university
Nursing will be hard work - going home every weekend would not be advisable

Why not look on the subject forum and get some advice

Yeah that's true. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply