The Student Room Group

Confused about giving uni interview

Hi! I’ve been offered an interview by a university which was my backup choice. I already got into my dream uni and have paid the tuition fee in full. I still want to give the interview for my backup uni to find if i get an offer or not - mainly because getting into uni is really difficult so I wanted to know if they’d still accept me. I hold 3 unconditional offers and 1 rejection at the moment. Do you think I should give the interview anyways for feeling accomplished and satisfied? Or am I just wasting time and efforts of the admissions team? Pls lmk your opinion! thank you
(edited 11 months ago)
Getting offers should not be about satisfying your ego. You have received an offer from your dream university already, move on.
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
Getting offers should not be about satisfying your ego. You have received an offer from your dream university already, move on.

You do make a point truly! I’m still feeling conflicted because I’ve always been told that I’m incompetent and that I’d never make it to uni. So getting another offer is like proving myself to others. Yea I think I might decline the invitation to interview and withdraw my application. My parents aren’t even proud about the fact that I got into my dream uni cause it’s in the field of psychology not business. Thanks though!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by ravenpri
Hi! I’ve been offered an interview by a university which was my backup choice. I already got into my dream uni and have paid the tuition fee in full. I still want to give the interview for my backup uni to find if i get an offer or not - mainly because getting into uni is really difficult so I wanted to know if they’d still accept me. I hold 3 unconditional offers and 1 rejection at the moment. Do you think I should give the interview anyways for feeling accomplished and satisfied? Or am I just wasting time and efforts of the admissions team? Pls lmk your opinion! thank you

You would essentially be taking an interview away from someone else as they only have so many interview slots. That person may not have any other offers/interviews so this could be there last chance. You have your dream uni. Leave it at that
Reply 4
Original post by flamingolover
You would essentially be taking an interview away from someone else as they only have so many interview slots. That person may not have any other offers/interviews so this could be there last chance. You have your dream uni. Leave it at that

Yea you do make a good point! And prepping for the interview will just be extra work, i think ill decline the invitation to interview thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ravenpri
Yea you do make a good point! And prepping for the interview will just be extra work, i think ill decline the invitation to interview thanks :smile:

If u think it could be Ur back up, why not.
U mind change Ur mind if u go to the interview
Reply 6
Original post by Dnsnnssn
If u think it could be Ur back up, why not.
U mind change Ur mind if u go to the interview

hey thanks for replying! actually the backup uni isnt that great so i dont think i’ll be changing my preference. i love my dream uni because the course is much more suited to my needs. but I honestly just wanted to give the interview to see if i can get in or not, like to prove to myself and others that i’m pretty competent of doing that. but it’s just a waste of time and the admissions team’s time as well so i’m going to be declining the interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending