The Student Room Group

Very greasy hair & Camping

I'm a male and can't go a day without watching my hair due to very bad bed hair and grease, I don't know whether I should just shave it all off, which is a last resort, or try something?

I bought some dry shampoo and tried it one morning, but it was **** and didn't do much apart from make my hair a little silkier but couldn't style my hair at all/ still greasy, not sure if dry shampoo will work for my hair, or I used some awful one.

Tips? What do the rest of you guys do? don't really wanna shave my hair off, but will have too if it comes to it
Your hair may get greasy quickly because of how much you wash it.
Agree with the comment above ^^
Try to wash it less, and I would also have a look at shampoos that don't contain SLS. If you google it you'll find lots of info.
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
Your hair may get greasy quickly because of how much you wash it.

I more or less wash it with shampoo everyday due to it being extremely thin and fine without it, and festival is on Wednesday, so I doubt much difference will be made though
You can use talcum powder
Try batiste! That stuff works wonders.
Original post by katehlouise
Agree with the comment above ^^
Try to wash it less, and I would also have a look at shampoos that don't contain SLS. If you google it you'll find lots of info.

This 100x. I have long hair and I recently switched to washing my hair with a non-SLS shampoo and conditioning it with organic apple cider vinegar (not as gross as it sounds, and no it doesn't make your hair smell. I use about a 3:1 ratio of water to vinegar). My hair has never been better.

I used to get terrible grease and dandruff if I didn't wash my hair every other day. Not anymore since I discovered this new regime. I now only need to wash it about once per week max, it doesn't get excessively greasy anymore, stays cleaner for far longer and I don't get a speck of dandruff anymore.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Very greasy hair will result in to make our hair very dull and loose its glow.
Take shampoo, wash your hair. Not really rocket science, is it.
Original post by Joshale
I'm a male and can't go a day without watching my hair due to very bad bed hair and grease, I don't know whether I should just shave it all off, which is a last resort, or try something?

I bought some dry shampoo and tried it one morning, but it was **** and didn't do much apart from make my hair a little silkier but couldn't style my hair at all/ still greasy, not sure if dry shampoo will work for my hair, or I used some awful one.

Tips? What do the rest of you guys do? don't really wanna shave my hair off, but will have too if it comes to it

I recently saw that aussie have brought out a new dry shampoo, I think their stuff is really good. So you could try that?
Reply 10
Original post by lyrical_lie
I recently saw that aussie have brought out a new dry shampoo, I think their stuff is really good. So you could try that?

Firstly are you using oily shampoos/conditioners by oily I mean with coconut in or jojoba? If you are using these then stop-and try shampoos and conditioners with lemon or camomile in them fruity shampoos are great to use on greasy hair because they break down the oils therefore stopping and slowing down the production of oil from your glands. :smile:
Original post by PriceZo
Firstly are you using oily shampoos/conditioners by oily I mean with coconut in or jojoba? If you are using these then stop-and try shampoos and conditioners with lemon or camomile in them fruity shampoos are great to use on greasy hair because they break down the oils therefore stopping and slowing down the production of oil from your glands. :smile:

I'm not actually the OP but great tips anywho :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest