The Student Room Group

Mature students 2015 university applicants

Scroll to see replies

Yeah,
I'm trying to see it as a compliment, but actually I want to spend 3 years full time making Art; the masters is only 1 year long. Surely I'd get to be a much better artist and make more contacts if I'm there for 3 years.
Why isn't life straight forward?
Reply 181
What are you currently studying/have studied: Access to HE Business
Which universities are you applying to: Aston, University of Birmingham, Coventry, Manchester metropolitan, stardforshire
Which course(s) do you want to do: International business management
Any other info you feel like sharing: Totally scare with the assignments so far! Please anyone doing Access to HE Business, how you doing? Need to get 30 credits at distinction. :biggrin:
What are you currently studying: Access to HE: Health Sciences
Which universities are you applying to: Huddersfield: Psychology with Criminology, Huddersfield: Behavioural Sciences, Sheffield Hallam: Psychology and Criminology, Leeds Beckett: Psychology and Criminology, Bolton University: Forensic & Criminological Psychology
Which course(s) do you want to do: Psychology and Criminology
Any other info you feel like sharing. I'm 23, want to be a Criminal Psychologist, very nervous about getting distinctions in my access course as doing health society and I hate it!!! :frown:
What are you currently studying/have studied: Access to Humanities at Chesterfield College
Which universities are you applying to: Bangor, Lincoln, Nottingham Trent, Gloucestershire and Greenwich
Which course(s) do you want to do: English Literature and Creative Writing
Any other info you feel like sharing: I'm 32 ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you currently studying/have studied. Personal Training
Which universities are you applying to. Derby for the BA and FDA, Cumbria not sure on where else to apply
Which course(s) do you want to do. Outdoor leadership
Any other info you feel like sharing. I'll be 21 when I start - I have enough UCAS points for the foundation courses which is great but it's so much harder applying alone rather than being in year 12 full of people applying and teachers to help :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)

[INDENT]What are you currently studying/have studied. Access to Health.
Which universities are you applying to. Northampton and Bedfordshire (Aylesbury campus)
Which course(s) do you want to do. Adult Nursing
Any other info you feel like sharing. I'm 28, two children, currently working and doing access, super super excited to go into nursing but apprehensive as i can only choose two unis due to not being able to uproot the family.

Reply 186
What are you currently studying/have studied.
- Access to Humanities (Politics, Sociology and African and Caribbean Studies)

Which universities are you applying to.
- Cambridge, SOAS, KCL, QMUL and LSE.

Which course(s) do you want to do.
- Cambridge - HSPS
- LSE - Politics and International Relations
- Everywhere else - Politics

:smile:
Hi everyone. I'm 21 and currently on the access to health course.(biology,immuno pathology and psychology)

I've applied to study biology and education at
Liverpool hope
edge hill
stirling
and bath spa.

Currently I have 1 offer from Liverpool and an interview at Edge Hill in January.
Original post by bubaloo

- Cambridge - HSPS

Hey
I see you've applied for HSPS too, what college if you don't mind me asking? And have you heard from them yet (if not applying for the March deadline)
Post what you're applying to, what qualifications you already have and what offers you have received (if you've received them yet). :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by Aish_de_la_Lune
Hey
I see you've applied for HSPS too, what college if you don't mind me asking? And have you heard from them yet (if not applying for the March deadline)

I'm applying for Lucy Cavendish, but waiting for the March deadline. However 3 people doing my Access course have received interview invites about two weeks ago. One of them for Law at Lucy.
Reply 191
Original post by bubaloo

- Cambridge - HSPS

I applied to SOAS and LSE for international relations as well! I'm doing Sociology (My favourite), Psychology, History and English on my access course. :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 192
Original post by blaidd
I applied to SOAS and LSE for international relations as well! I'm doing Sociology (My favourite), Psychology, History and English on my access course. :smile:

Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck to you too! When did you send your application? And did you hear back from either of them yet? If you don't mind me asking. :smile:
Reply 193
Original post by bubaloo
Thanks! Good luck to you too! When did you send your application? And did you hear back from either of them yet? If you don't mind me asking. :smile:

Tbh I sent mine like last week, I was having awful trouble with my PS. Ended up mentioning my father (navy, was part of falklands war and so resolution 502 of UNSC) and Islamic state (I regularly talk to a pen pal about it who lives in the peninsular).

Tbh I don't mind if I don't make them, I've applied to Cardiff and Aberystwyth as well, both with amazing IR dept. Also since I want to do journalism, Cardiff would be my main choice before I do my MA (top 5 in the country for Journalism).

Plus you just need to pass the course for Cardiff. Keep your opinions open guys! Especially if you come from a poor economic area like your truely.
Original post by bubaloo
I'm applying for Lucy Cavendish, but waiting for the March deadline. However 3 people doing my Access course have received interview invites about two weeks ago. One of them for Law at Lucy.

Well, best of luck :biggrin: I have an interview at Newnham in 2 weeks for HSPS... Access students represent!
Any one having a longer than normal wait from unis? I applied in mid september, with OU credits (90 at lvl 1, 30 at lvl 2), and am yet to here anything. I thought I'd be a strong candidate as the lvl 2 module is much more advanced than an A level would provide. I am applying to a competitive course (Comp Sci), so I suppose there is that. I guess I'm just getting paranoid with the constant checking of emails!!
Reply 196
Original post by Aish_de_la_Lune
Well, best of luck :biggrin: I have an interview at Newnham in 2 weeks for HSPS... Access students represent!

Exciting! Good luck! I will, hopefully, be pestering you for tips come April. :wink:
Original post by tim_123
Any one having a longer than normal wait from unis? I applied in mid september, with OU credits (90 at lvl 1, 30 at lvl 2), and am yet to here anything. I thought I'd be a strong candidate as the lvl 2 module is much more advanced than an A level would provide. I am applying to a competitive course (Comp Sci), so I suppose there is that. I guess I'm just getting paranoid with the constant checking of emails!!

I feel your pain, I've only heard from two choices so far... But they do have until May to get back to you, so try not to worry! I think its more dependent on how they organise and work their way through applications, and no reflection of your merit.
Original post by bubaloo
Exciting! Good luck! I will, hopefully, be pestering you for tips come April. :wink:

Thank you :biggrin: Of course, anything you want to ask, I'll hopefully be able to let you know following my interview :smile: (aside from any specifics as they make it clear this isn't allowed).
Reply 199
What are you currently studying/have studied: I have a BSc from decades ago, am currently working

Which universities are you applying to:
Sticking to unis within travelling distance from London

Which courses do you want to do:
Audiology

Any other info you feel like sharing:
Am one of the oldest on this thread :smile: After a career change some years ago, am now working in an area related to Audiology and am hugely motivated to learn more, get qualified and start working in this field.

I think it's quite interesting that some of the older mature students here are having a huge change in direction and quite a lot of us moving into healthcare and related fields.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending