The Student Room Group

Mature students 2015 university applicants

Scroll to see replies

Rejected from Oxford for Physics.... and delighted :smile: Must be the only one saying that! I hated the whole Oxford/college/room/interview experience. I have an unconditional from Durham and I cannot wait. Love the city and the science department. Just hope I get a Bailey College, but thats not that important.

Now trying to do some work in advance of the start in October!

Good luck everyone, hope you all get what you wish for!
Reply 261
I have an unconditional from UWE and a conditional (about the IELTS marks) from Manchester in Urban Planning.

Still waiting for Newcastle, Heriot Watt and Dundee... Congratulations to all those who got what they wanted!!
Very excited to get my first offer this evening! Uni of Sheffield - they want 30 Distinctions and 15 Merits... which is hopefully achievable if I get my head down and put the hours in!
Original post by lauren1981
Very excited to get my first offer this evening! Uni of Sheffield - they want 30 Distinctions and 15 Merits... which is hopefully achievable if I get my head down and put the hours in!

Awesome, well done! What degree have you applied for? :smile:
Got an offer from Cardiff for 30 credits at distinction to include maths :smile: not sure if that means all of my maths units have to be distinction or not so will have to give them a call i think. Also got an offer from UWE for 30 credits at Merit, looking like my insurance choice :P
What are you currently studying? - nothing! I currently work part time as a District Nurse.
Which university are you applying to? - Plymouth University
Which subject? - Midwifery (hopefully!)
Anything else? - I am a 40 year old mum of 3! Very excited about the prospect of doing my dream job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carlaraptor
Awesome, well done! What degree have you applied for? :smile:

Civil and Structural Engineering :biggrin:
Hi all, first post here. 27 year old doing an access course. I'll be sending my UCAS form off tomorrow and i am applying for Sociology and Human Geography in various places around the midlands. Northampton and the Leicester Universities mainly. Hope you all get what you apply for.

good luck!
What are you currently studying/have studied: HNC Social Care

Which universities are you applying to: Edinburgh, Stirling, Strathclyde, University of the West of Scotland and Glasgow Caledonian.

Which course(s) do you want to do: BA Social Work.

Any other info you feel like sharing: I'm 23 on 24. Quite nervous about university as I have been out of school for a while and have been working full time. I already hold a rejection from Edinburgh university so that's only making me feel a lot worse! Fingers crossed I get into at least one uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone on here who has applied for Social Work at any Scottish universities and heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you currently studying/have studied.
Currently on an Access to science course, should be finished in June/July.

Which universities are you applying to.
Surrey, hertfordshire, and London MET

Which course(s) do you want to do.
Nutrition and Dietetics

Any other info you feel like sharing.
I'm 25 and have my first uni interview on the 28th Jan!
What are you currently studying/have studied: access to social science

Which universities are you applying to: bishops grossteste and Nottingham trent

Which course(s) do you want to do: psychology and education

Any other info you feel like sharing: I'm 27, really scared at the thought of uni. A single parent to a 7 year old and work part time.
Currently studying an Access to Humanities course at Chesterfield College.
I have 3 conditional offers on the table at the moment.

Bangor-English Literature and Creative Writing
Lincoln-English
Gloucestershire-Creative Writing and English Literature.

Pretty sure that my first choice is Bangor because it looks a lovely university. I do have an applicant visit on the 4th March and I'm really looking forward to it. I am 32 (nearly 33) so I'm a mature student which scares me slightly but I'm looking forward to this new adventure in my life! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you currently studying/have studied. I am doing Access Biology, Psychology and Criminology. Work full time as a buyer, study Part-Time. Predicted 60 Distictions. In my second year with Distinctions so far.

Which universities are you applying to. Portsmouth (45 Merits offer), Holloway (Rejection), Cardiff (Rejection but appealling) Bath (still waiting), Cambridge (Lucy Cavendish, Interview)

Which course(s) do you want to do. Psychology

Any other info you feel like sharing. I can't remember the last time I had a full nights sleep!!!
So happy 5 offers and none with ridiculously high asking offers. Although a lot of people on my course are being caught out with the whole gcse stuff sucks to see people so capable being denied because they don't have a piece of paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
I may be denied my courses as even though I have c in maths and English I require a gcse science and I have a gnvq

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I think this whole gcse thing is ridiculous there's a girl in my class who's written English is outstanding and probably degree level but as she doesn't have gcse English she's being rejected left right and centre

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm having to re-sit my maths GCSE in June to get the required B grade (originally got C) even though I'm taking Level 3 maths as part of my Access course and so far have 2 distinctions....luckily I emailed the admissions tutor early on and she advised me to re-take my GCSE.
What are you currently studying/have studied. Access to HE Science (P/T Chem/Bio)
Which universities are you applying to. Glasgow, York, UEA, Sussex, Swansea
Which course(s) do you want to do. Genetics
Any other info you feel like sharing. I'm 29, kinda nervous about going as I'll be permanently moving to where ever I choose (for the duration of the course at least). Already got an offer from Glasgow, just waiting on the rest.

UEA just contacted me about not having a 'B' in GCSE maths, I was expelled from school in year 10, and my attendance from year 9 onwards was extremely poor, so highest I could get was a C. Pointed out that I took astrophysics at uni (dropout), so hopefully they will overlook that, as Norwich looks to be an awesome city, and definitely a contender for when I come to choose.
Reply 279
I'm so happy now I have decent GCSE's from before. A woman in my class has to do a foundation on top of her access because she needs a B in math to be a primary school teacher the beaurocracy is ridiculous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending