Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by trubadur
Thanks for your kind message and may all your wishes come true.:yy:

and so may yours!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by beryl_97
Yes! It seems like there are barely any maths applicants on here. Did you apply to the Bsc or Ma??

the Bsc but i think they're fairly flexible in letting you switch from either!
Original post by fionahavelock
Hi did you send in your saint andrews application in for the oxbridge deadline october 15? i did but got rejected by oxford and now im worried saint andrews wont consider my application because it came too early. Is that what happens?

I myself got rejected by oxford. But I also hold an offer from St Andrews.

Don't worry. They simply have too much applications to sort out. You'll soon have an offer.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by cfeather
the Bsc but i think they're fairly flexible in letting you switch from either!

I applied for Ma :biggrin: But I haven't heard anything either, hopefully it won't be too long now since its nearly the deadline.

Where else did you apply?? :smile:
Original post by beryl_97
I applied for Ma :biggrin: But I haven't heard anything either, hopefully it won't be too long now since its nearly the deadline.

Where else did you apply?? :smile:

I've applied to York, Leeds, Kings College, Edinburgh & St Andrews. Just waiting on St Andrews! wbu?
St Andrews, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Heriot-Watt and Surrey, still waiting on St A's and Surrey (I'm not too bothered about Surrey though, Scotland is my plan!)

Which ones are your main choices?
Original post by Ella1996
Have you already done your final exams?

I'm an international so I met all my requirements (SATs, APs, etc) last year. :smile:
My UCAS application has been in since well before the Oxbridge deadline and I am still waiting for St Andrews; which is my first choice, and the last to reply.
Typical! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinDy
My UCAS application has been in since well before the Oxbridge deadline and I am still waiting for St Andrews; which is my first choice, and the last to reply.
Typical! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same! :redface: What did you apply for?
If St Andrews doesn´t want me, I have to stay in Germany...:s-smilie:

I applied for Latin by the way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Exactly the same! :redface: What did you apply for?
If St Andrews doesn´t want me, I have to stay in Germany...:s-smilie:

I applied for Latin by the way.

Latin! Fantastic! My school have never offered it as a subject; I've applied for physics and chemistry and hopefully will be accepted.
I love the university and the town and I have no doubts I could be successful there.

If you don't mind, why Latin? And why St Andrews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Latin! Fantastic! My school have never offered it as a subject; I've applied for physics and chemistry and hopefully will be accepted.
I love the university and the town and I have no doubts I could be successful there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have always loved Latin (since I´m ten years old) and because of that -I imagine- I´m quite good at it :wink:

Initially, I wanted to go to St Andrews because it has such a good reputation and because I wouldn´t have to pay fees, but then I visited it and I fell in love with St Andrews! It´s a small university, but at same time very international! The buildings and the landscape are so lovely and it´s next to the sea!

I also really want to do Philosophy as well, but I was told there that it would be much easier to get just into Latin than also into Philosophy and I would have to do two or three subject at least for the two years anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That means, you can take on beginners Latin in St Andrews as your third subject :biggrin:
That means, you can take on beginners Latin in St Andrews as your third subject :biggrin:

As amazing and interesting as it would be, I have no choice about my three subjects because of my degree.
BUUUUTTT I'll be working with chemical elements most of which are derived from Latin names 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
As amazing and interesting as it would be, I have no choice about my three subjects because of my degree.
BUUUUTTT I'll be working with chemical elements most of which are derived from Latin names ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh noooo! You won´t be able to enjoy real Latin, how sad! :wink:
Oh noooo! You won´t be able to enjoy real Latin, how sad! :wink:

That it is. However, should I feel inspired there are most certainly societies at St Andrews which will cover Latin and other languages. There are so many societies!
Reply 595
That it is. However, should I feel inspired there are most certainly societies at St Andrews which will cover Latin and other languages. There are so many societies!

What do you mean 3 subjects?! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RTJ1996
What do you mean 3 subjects?! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

In first year you choose three subjects to study. Usually you remain within your faculty however it is possible to take a subject from a different faculty.

This is of benefit to you since you can actually change your degree should you enjoy one subject more than your initial degree subject; it also allows you to choose something which may enhance your understanding of your subject.

In second year, you may study different subjects, drop a subject etc. It's extremely flexible so you're not forced to study one subject and one subject only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle97
Hey guys, I'm Beth-Ellen, I applied to St. Andrews in mid November for English Literature and I am still patiently waiting, just hope I'm not waiting till April :frown:

I got AAAAA in year 12 for my AS levels, English Lit, English Language, Psychology, History and Government and Politics, and a B in critical thinking AS in year 11, predicted A*A*A* for English Lit, English Language and History this year!

I've also applied to York, Lancaster, Exeter and Durham and St. Andrews is the only one I haven't heard from, though I'm worried it'll be a rejection because of my GCSEs, with it being such a good uni! It would potentially be my second choice after Durham, St. Andrews is such a gorgeous place and uni!

Good luck to everyone waiting for offers! I hope you all get them! :smile:

To be honest, I don't think Scottish unis really care much about GCSEs, as the Scottish equivalents are pretty much ignored. They'll be much more concerned with your A-levels, so I wouldn't worry about your GCSE results.
Original post by Sabz428
Hi! I'm from the US and I just got an unconditional offer to study psychology at St Andrews!! I'm really excited and nervous because I just can't wait to get there! Any advice on what to do now? :smile:

Just sit back and relax knowing you've got a place to study in an amazing psychology faculty! (I may be biased!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
Original post by Blazar
To be honest, I don't think Scottish unis really care much about GCSEs, as the Scottish equivalents are pretty much ignored. They'll be much more concerned with your A-levels, so I wouldn't worry about your GCSE results.

Ah really? That's reassuring, thank you! I just thought with it being in the top 5, and seeing how often Durham and Oxbridge reject on the grounds of GCSEs I just assumed. Thanks for taking the time to tell me though, I feel a little better now! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending