The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2014 Applicants (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Anybody else receive a conditional for Computer Science; if so would you mind telling me the conditions? Was told that my A in Higher Computing sat in 4th year wouldn't count towards the conditional offer of AAAB, is that a lower conditional offer than other 5th years applying? Or have I just gotten the short straw and sat an extra higher for no apparent reason?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Any updates for Medieval History applications?
Sitting duck here

Quack.

(Applied on 20th October with predicted A* AA - A* in History)
I'm enjoying the continued duck thing in this thread :smile:

Is it just sciency people who've been un-ducked or have humanities heard too?
more specifically any classical studies offers yet? or are they just notoriously lazy like a lot of the other classics departments?
Any Neuroscience applicant from the EU with an offer yet? Talk about sitting ducks :frown:
Original post by elszefont

more specifically any classical studies offers yet? or are they just notoriously lazy like a lot of the other classics departments?

Seems like for home students it's mostly been computer science, chemistry, and physics. Haven't seen much else. :smile: good luck! Hope to see you in September!
Original post by CSapplicant2015
May I ask about the others who do not recieve offers? How many applicants are currently in the wait list and have you rejected already the ones who aren't on it?

We do not operate a wait list. I cannot provide any specifics about any applications as UCAS rules say that you can only hear about your decisions through UCAS. So again I please ask you to sit tight. The same goes to everyone else who has e-mailed me.
Original post by CSApplicant16
Anybody else receive a conditional for Computer Science; if so would you mind telling me the conditions? Was told that my A in Higher Computing sat in 4th year wouldn't count towards the conditional offer of AAAB, is that a lower conditional offer than other 5th years applying? Or have I just gotten the short straw and sat an extra higher for no apparent reason?

I am sorry that you suspect that you sat your Higher in Computing for no reason. I would hope that it might be useful to your chosen degree subject. We require applicants to take their exams in a single sitting, hence your offer conditions. You can find more about this and the answers to other frequently asked questions on our website at http://www.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/prospective-ug/faq
Reply 987
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hahahahahaha you're ****ing hilarious.

Thanks.
Original post by elszefont

I'm a humanitarian applicant (International Relations and Modern History) and EU fees, and I'm a duck.

Original post by Gos123
Any updates for Medieval History applications?
Sitting duck here

Quack.

(Applied on 20th October with predicted A* AA - A* in History)

I'm not Medieval History, as said above, and I'm still waiting. I applied 10th December with predicted AAAA. But the 20th and you've heard nothing? Wow!
I don't want to be a sitting duck anymore! Come on Philosophy department! I've got a feeling that the Physics department has already made its decision, so be quick :colondollar:
Original post by St Andrews CompSci
I am sorry that you suspect that you sat your Higher in Computing for no reason. I would hope that it might be useful to your chosen degree subject. We require applicants to take their exams in a single sitting, hence your offer conditions. You can find more about this and the answers to other frequently asked questions on our website at http://www.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/prospective-ug/faq

Yeah absolutely no doubt about that, thanks for clearing things up. Imagine it also helped with my application quite a bit as well, so not completely useless! Regarding my offer of Highers AAAB, since an Advanced Higher of computing is being taken this year, would that count towards the grades? Or are the grades strictly higher only?

Thanks
Got an offer for Biomolecular Science last Friday! Anyone else here applied for Biology or Chemistry? :smile:
Wooooo, just got an offer for Earth Science!!! This duck has left the pond. Holden Caulfield will be extremely confused.
Original post by Crooks97
Wooooo, just got an offer for Earth Science!!! This duck has left the pond. Holden Caulfield will be extremely confused.

Congratulations! Holden will end up stumbling drunk around Central Park again, looking for those ducks. :smile:
Reply 994
Original post by CaitlinDy
I'll tell you something, I applied for the joint honours and was told that if there were too many applicants in one department I would be asked to accept a place in only the other department, later going onto the joint hons.
The fact I've received a place so quickly for the joint honours either means my application was outstanding (highly unlikely- I haven't studied English for two years), or as is probably the case, there are enough places for all the applicants they want in both departments.

To me, it seems that there were sufficient places in both departments which hopefully means you'll have got a place considering your grades are good - and providing your PS and reference were good which I see no reason in doubting.

Thanks so much! I have the grades and my PS was good ( not that good though!) I definitely wouldn't have been accepted for joint honours but I'm just hoping they will say yes. It's very hard waiting even if the duck thing keeps me smiling....!!
Got an offer for Biomolecular Science last Friday! Anyone else here applied for Biology or Chemistry?

Congrats:clap2:

Congrats
:congrats:
Duck yes!

Offer for Physics MPhys - AAA :biggrin:
Original post by Thorsas
Duck yes!

Offer for Physics MPhys - AAA :biggrin:

Well done:yy:
Are any of the offers being received recently for EU students? Or are they just for RUK students right now?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CescaD96
Are any of the offers coming out recently for EU students?

Good question:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending