The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2014 Applicants (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rikke1996
Just got my offer for Social Anthropology! I´m literally crying of happiness! :biggrin:

Btw: Am an EU student (Denmark)

Congratulations on your offer! Am I right to guess from that reaction that St Andrews is your first choice? :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Temporise
Congratulations on your offer! Am I right to guess from that reaction that St Andrews is your first choice? :smile:

It is! I´m completely ecstatic! Are you going as well?:smile:
Just got my offer for Social Anthropology! I´m literally crying of happiness! :biggrin:

Btw: Am an EU student (Denmark)

Congratulations !! thats amazing :smile::smile:
Original post by marinaferc
Congratulations !! thats amazing :smile::smile:

Thank you! :smile: I still cannot believe I actually got in - I´ve been waiting almost 4 months so it just feels surreal :smile:
It is! I´m completely ecstatic! Are you going as well?:smile:

I am! I'm super excited too, really can't wait to go; I'm counting down the weeks! Not so far for myself to travel though - I'm a Scottish student. :smile: I can practically see the area across the sea, it would be so quick to get there if it wasn't for having drive around the coast...!
I am! I'm super excited too, really can't wait to go; I'm counting down the weeks! Not so far for myself to travel though - I'm a Scottish student. :smile: I can practically see the area across the sea, it would be so quick to get there if it wasn't for having drive around the coast...!

That´s so cool! What are you going to study? :smile:
That´s so cool! What are you going to study? :smile:

Management. Most of my friends are going for more artistic subjects (film, art, music, digital design etc) so it's a bit different from them. Do you know anybody else who applied/got offers? I have to idea how common it is for other countries to apply for universities outside that country. Even here I only know a small number of people from my school who applied for St A's and so far I've only heard of rejections... I feel a bit luckier every day for having been accepted, I originally applied with the mindset of "I'd love to go, but it's probably a long shot."
Management. Most of my friends are going for more artistic subjects (film, art, music, digital design etc) so it's a bit different from them. Do you know anybody else who applied/got offers? I have to idea how common it is for other countries to apply for universities outside that country. Even here I only know a small number of people from my school who applied for St A's and so far I've only heard of rejections... I feel a bit luckier every day for having been accepted, I originally applied with the mindset of "I'd love to go, but it's probably a long shot."

Management - is that an MA? Going abroad isn´t exactly normal in DK, but I attend an IB school, so there´s a good share of students going to the UK. Still, I don´t know anyone else applying to St A (in IRL). Did any of your friends get in?:smile:

Hi

Can I ask when did you get your offer for Mang ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Management - is that an MA? Going abroad isn´t exactly normal in DK, but I attend an IB school, so there´s a good share of students going to the UK. Still, I don´t know anyone else applying to St A (in IRL). Did any of your friends get in?:smile:

Yes, it is. That's pretty interesting - at least in my school, only a small handful either go down to England to over to America; since we have free tuition here it's pretty desirable to stay in the country. An old childhood friend got in for Economics, but it's his second choice I think. None of my close friends applied for St A, but a couple applied for Dundee so if they get offers for there they won't be too far away. Some people are put off applying just because of the place anyway. It's really similar to where I live now (smaller sized coastal town with lots of golf!) so it isn't so much of a change of scene.

Original post by katrinhong
Hi

Can I ask when did you get your offer for Mang ?

Hello! I got it on the evening of the 13th, so almost two weeks ago. :smile:

Hello! I got it on the evening of the 13th, so almost two weeks ago. :smile:

Sorry to ask but are you an EU student and when did you apply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to ask but are you an EU student and when did you apply ?

I'm a Scottish student, and applied early November.
Yes, it is. That's pretty interesting - at least in my school, only a small handful either go down to England to over to America; since we have free tuition here it's pretty desirable to stay in the country. An old childhood friend got in for Economics, but it's his second choice I think. None of my close friends applied for St A, but a couple applied for Dundee so if they get offers for there they won't be too far away. Some people are put off applying just because of the place anyway. It's really similar to where I live now (smaller sized coastal town with lots of golf!) so it isn't so much of a change of scene.

We have free tuition in DK as well (around 10 countries in the EU offer free undergrads for EU students), some of my classmates are willing to pay anyway. I don´t really get why (except for Oxbridge perhaps). In my year of 50 students we have people going to countries in three different continents (many of us chose IB to study abroad). Why would one put St A off due to the place? The place is one of the (many) reasons that I want to go.
I'm a Scottish student, and applied early November.

Okay thank you I am waiting for Mang and I am anxious. Well done on your acceptance though

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have free tuition in DK as well (around 10 countries in the EU offer free undergrads for EU students), some of my classmates are willing to pay anyway. I don´t really get why (except for Oxbridge perhaps). In my year of 50 students we have people going to countries in three different continents (many of us chose IB to study abroad). Why would one put St A off due to the place? The place is one of the (many) reasons that I want to go.

I think some people would just prefer to be somewhere a bit more lively, or there's just the people who prefer the city. Things like not having a train station in the town and no abundance of clubs are apparently important factors for some. I'm totally in agreement with you too though, the place is definitely one of the reasons I want to go too! :smile: It was lovely when I went to visit, it felt very homely to me.

Okay thank you I am waiting for Mang and I am anxious. Well done on your acceptance though

Thanks! Good luck getting an offer too, I hope they don't leave you waiting too much longer!
I think some people would just prefer to be somewhere a bit more lively, or there's just the people who prefer the city. Things like not having a train station in the town and no abundance of clubs are apparently important factors for some. I'm totally in agreement with you too though, the place is definitely one of the reasons I want to go too! :smile: It was lovely when I went to visit, it felt very homely to me.

I guess that makes sense tat some people will prefer a bigger city. I have only been there once (mid-April last year), as I have to take a plane to get there, but it seemed to be my kind of city:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Congratulations to all have received offers! :smile:

I'm still waiting to hear about Mediaeval History. Has anyone else heard from the History department?
I guess that makes sense tat some people will prefer a bigger city. I have only been there once (mid-April last year), as I have to take a plane to get there, but it seemed to be my kind of city:smile:

That's great! It's good that you were able to visit too. I'm heading up for the second time on April 1st to look at accommodation and just too look around the place a bit more.
That's great! It's good that you were able to visit too. I'm heading up for the second time on April 1st to look at accommodation and just too look around the place a bit more.

Yeah, I´m glad I´ve actually seen the city :smile: Do you know what kind of accommodation you would prefer?
Yeah, I´m glad I´ve actually seen the city :smile: Do you know what kind of accommodation you would prefer?

I was more interested in self-catered before, but after looking at the price list, once food expenses are added I don't think I'd be saving much money doing that, so I think I'm going to try for standard catered instead. I'm the only vegetarian in my family so I'm really used to cooking for myself, so if I end up with self-catered anyway I'll still be perfectly happy really. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending