The Student Room Group

Any one resitting A2 Modules?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
I'm doing 2 subjects again but in fairness I don't really consider starting until December tbh...

I have 7 exams this summer, maybe 8 because I took up an A2. :frown: I've made my revision timetable though and started my UCAS application so I'm feeling a little better now. I've also found a tutor :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
I have 7 exams this summer, maybe 8 because I took up an A2. :frown: I've made my revision timetable though and started my UCAS application so I'm feeling a little better now. I've also found a tutor :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have 5. Registered for UCAS again but gonna wait just a bit before sending it off.
Original post by LostInStereo123
Yep I am. Basically you put down where you're retaking your exams. If you don't know where you're gonna retake them then type in exam centre and once you do know email [email protected] (UCAS told me this on twitter) and tell them where you're gonna be resitting your exams. Then under the exam centre choose the subjects and modules you're resitting and then leave them as pending. Let me know if you're still stuck!

Hi,/
How do you type in 'exam centre'? You're only allowed to choose from the list, aren't you?
Original post by errrr...
Hi,/
How do you type in 'exam centre'? You're only allowed to choose from the list, aren't you?

There should be an option that says something like 'my centre is not on the list'.
Original post by LostInStereo123
There should be an option that says something like 'my centre is not on the list'.

Yeah, found it. Thanks!
Original post by errrr...
Yeah, found it. Thanks!

You're welcome :smile:
Has anybody found any good tips on writing your personal statement for retakes?
Original post by Klaxoii
Has anybody found any good tips on writing your personal statement for retakes?

You don't mention retakes as they can see that on the education section on
your ucas form and present tense
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Lozasaurus.

On a side note, does anyone think it'd be worth applying to Bristol with predictions of A*BB/ABB when they ask for AAA?
Reply 389
Original post by Klaxoii
Thanks Lozasaurus.

On a side note, does anyone think it'd be worth applying to Bristol with predictions of A*BB/ABB when they ask for AAA?

Considering you have 5 choices... putting it down will do you no harm at all, however expect the worst/rejection just to be safe. Make sure you put at least 1 safe choice down (where your predicted is at least 1 grade higher than required too)
Hi everyone im also resitting A2 in gap year was just wondering who puts down your predicted grade
Original post by Klaxoii
Thanks Lozasaurus.

Go for it and firm if your realistic!! My friend got into Uni of Nottingham with A*BB :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Considering you have 5 choices... putting it down will do you no harm at all, however expect the worst/rejection just to be safe. Make sure you put at least 1 safe choice down (where your predicted is at least 1 grade higher than required too)

Thats what I thought, the rest are AAB, ABB and BBB so I just thought I'd go for it! Good luck with your offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
*raises hand* In my case, it's actually my "first time" taking most of my exams since I had to stop midway last May due to illness. As much as I wanted to study as an external candidate (the thought of going back to sixth form without knowing anyone and with all my friends gone to university freaked me out quite a lot), I had to enroll as a "Year 14" student since I need Biology and Chemistry lab practice, which I wouldn't be entitled to had I not registered :frown:

As much as I thought this gap year would be a good thing I honestly can't wait for this year to be over so that I can go to uni! :redface: Hope everyone's studies are going well!

Remember: Keep studying, keep going! The year will be over before you know it and it will definitely be worth it in the end :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Klaxoii
Thanks Lozasaurus.

I was wondering about this too.I would really love to go to Nottingham 😭😭😰my heart will not let Nottingham go.
but the problem is I emailed admissions and they said I'd have to be predicted a minimum of AAA as a resit candidate for them to consider my application.
I'm only Resitting maths and Chem modules The CB off BBC I got in the summer .The notts dream is OVER guys ,what's the point in resitting anymore :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheGemini
I was wondering about this too.I would really love to go to Nottingham 😭😭😰my heart will not let Nottingham go.
but the problem is I emailed admissions and they said I'd have to be predicted a minimum of AAA as a resit candidate for them to consider my application.
I'm only Resitting maths and Chem modules The CB off BBC I got in the summer .The notts dream is OVER guys ,what's the point in resitting anymore :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

The worse thing is knowing you could of done at least 1 btec and easily achieved a D* which is equivalent to A* then get like 2 B's at A level and rg unis like Nottingham would still accept you! !! Does anybody know if the ncfe" btec for a year I'm thinking of doing as an extra is accepted in general by unis/ucas? Reapply you still may have a chance! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99
The worse thing is knowing you could of done at least 1 btec and easily achieved a D* which is equivalent to A* then get like 2 B's at A level and rg unis like Nottingham would still accept you! !! Does anybody know if the ncfe" btec for a year I'm thinking of doing as an extra is accepted in general by unis/ucas? Reapply you still may have a chance! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks.I never knew that RG unis accept btec.
Somebody I know got an offer for dentistry at an RG uni with 2btecs (dance and some applied science thing) and Alevel biology .She didn't get the grades though after preaching to everybody on this planet she was going to be a dentist .Ouch .
How Is a Disbtinction in Dance ,Equivalent to an A in an Alevel subject -.-
I don't think I have mate :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I'm doing 2 subjects again but in fairness I don't really consider starting until December tbh...

I'm basically the same! But doing chem retakes and taking up psych A2. I feel like we need a LOOONG break before really getting back to A-levels again. They just aren't healthy at all!
Original post by Ryan04
How are you guys finding self-study? I'm finding it difficult to fully concentrate at home with no guidance from teachers or anything, and not knowing how fast I need to be working :confused:

I know how you feel. I really miss the structure of everything :frown: I haven't even started looking at retake stuff yet which is probably the worst. Will do soon though. It's just a matter of trying to keep yourself motivated the whole time.
Original post by AR_95
The bigger of the two I can't remember if it was F211 or F212

same man, gonna any tips / notes for A2 BIO ?

Quick Reply

Latest