Scroll to see replies

Zero motivation :frown: help!!
I'm falling behind guys :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
Zero motivation :frown: help!!
I'm falling behind guys :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep soldiering on! Over the last week I've fell into a bit of a rut and haven't done any work but I'm right back on it today! Sometimes you need a break, especially with all this free time we have! Just take a period of time off and come back refreshed :smile:
Original post by neal95
Keep soldiering on! Over the last week I've fell into a bit of a rut and haven't done any work but I'm right back on it today! Sometimes you need a break, especially with all this free time we have! Just take a period of time off and come back refreshed :smile:

Thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope you guys are doing really well :biggrin:
Is 6/7 exams too much?
I initially wasn't going to resit one of my other subjects (B) but I my old firm choice which I would really love to go to increases the offer for resit applicants therefore they said if I was to reapply and got an offer ,it would be an AAA offer rather than an AAB standard offer.
If I resat that subject I'd go from 5 exams to 6/7 im scared of sitting too many exams :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
Is 6/7 exams too much?
I initially wasn't going to resit one of my other subjects (B) but I my old firm choice which I would really love to go to increases the offer for resit applicants therefore they said if I was to reapply and got an offer ,it would be an AAA offer rather than an AAB standard offer.
If I resat that subject I'd go from 5 exams to 6/7 im scared of sitting too many exams :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

why? you've got a whole year to revise for them and you've already learnt the material...
that's the same amount of exams some people who took A2 for the first time had in the summer :x
you'll be okay.
Is 6/7 too much?! You must be joking me, I'm in my gap year now as just finished my A levels in June but I had 20 exams, no works of a lie, yes some were retakes from the year before but 20?! Of course, all the stress just ruined me and I didn't do as well as I'd hoped so had to take a gap year and now need to retake a few and hopefully do better and reapply to uni
If any of you do know how and when to apply for retakes and when to reapply for UCAS, I need help as I never quite got it last year and this year I'm no better as I know you have to get a reference from the college you went to, but do you still apply through the college if I'm resitting exams there in June or do I apply for myself? D:
Original post by AyySweeney
If any of you do know how and when to apply for retakes and when to reapply for UCAS, I need help as I never quite got it last year and this year I'm no better as I know you have to get a reference from the college you went to, but do you still apply through the college if I'm resitting exams there in June or do I apply for myself? D:

I'm not sure if it's the same at your school, but at my school I have to email the exam officer in December to let her know what I plan to retake and fill out forms etc, then she'll register me for the exams in Feb (I think?).
To start uni in Sept 2015, you can reapply for UCAS between now and Jan 2015, although your school may have an earlier deadline, so it's probs best to reapply sometime this month or next. Yep you should apply for your resits through your college if you're planning to take the exams there, but you should ask your college when to contact them about it.

Hope that helps :smile:
How far are people with their biology revision? I'm resitting 3 units and I've only done two topics for one of the units 😖 in my defence, I'm also doing Chem A2 for the first time and I've done most of my revision for unit 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am; self studying all of my A2 exams.

English, Socio and Psy
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
How far are people with their biology revision? I'm resitting 3 units and I've only done two topics for one of the units ������ in my defence, I'm also doing Chem A2 for the first time and I've done most of my revision for unit 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing ok, almost finished 1 topic of all units. What exam board?
Chemistry is...*shivers* *Traumatic AS flashbacks*
Original post by Youni-chan

I dropped it after AS but I've changed colleges and Im actually understanding it now. My new teacher is miles better than my last ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shokhanizadin
I am; self studying all of my A2 exams.

English, Socio and Psy

As am I! English, Psychology and History!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

I need some help with my UCAS application. Like most of you guys I am self teaching myself this year and I have found a college that accepts external candidates. On the education section I'm hearing different things like I dont write down the college name but to instead write private candidate. Is this true?

Also, what would the start and end date be considering my exams start in May and finish in June?

I'm also a bit confused on what the attendance will be as I will be only taking my exams there. So can someone help me with that please?

I know this is a lot but I have been putting off my application and I need someone to help me.

Any help would be great! Thanks :smile:

Did you do edexcel chem?
Original post by neverstop
Did you do edexcel chem?

Nope OCR and it was pretty horrible.
Nope OCR and it was pretty horrible.

Edexel is horrid as well. Which chem units are you doing this year?
Yes, I would also like to know if I'm not actually at the college but am going to retake exams there, what do I write on UCAS? Because you can't set exams as pending as you can't set a date because you're not actually in the college so you can't say qualification date for next year...
I'm resitting 3 Biology (AQA) units, I absolutely hate it since I'm really rubbish with application and HSW questions. I'm also doing A Level History (edexcel) in one year. I really need to get a move on with Biology...

Quick Reply

Latest