The Student Room Group

Any one resitting A2 Modules?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Youni-chan
start now, while you have time.
hey, how is revision going?
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
The exams officer said a gap year is inconvenient enough for most students and we dont like to add to their troubles by charging ridiculous prices like other colleges do.

Shes right, dont see why you're being charged a £30 admin fee. She even said entering students for an exam isn't time consuming or difficult. So I guess most colleges just like ripping people off.

Plus I got a discount because I studied there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really understanding and commendable of your college. You right the colleges do like to rip people off, it isn't hard to enter students as I went in and they just filled out some forms and that was it it literally took 15 minutes ha
Original post by Lost_hope
Yh i know what you mean, my school said till February and school is the cheapest option but don't want to go back there to retake but have to as i got no other choice.

Theres a few place that do it in London

Why don't you want to go back to your school?
Original post by xxvine
Theres a few place that do it in London

Why don't you want to go back to your school?
are there any cheap places, I don't want to go back like I left thinking that i would never go back lol
Original post by neal95
Ahh yeah know what you mean by that. What I am going to do is just go in for my exams and hopefully not see anyone. I am doing 7 over the space of 5 weeks, and each is about 1-30 hours to 2 hours long so I will just do them then come straight back home

where you doing them?

What college?
are there any cheap places, I don't want to go back like I left thinking that i would never go back lol

hahaha

most places charge around £40 per paper

I haven't heard any cheaper tbh

How many exams you looking to do?
Original post by xxvine
where you doing them?

What college?

King Edward Iv college lol

Haha, exactly why I couldn't go back to my old school

Posted from TSR Mobile
What college is that and is it in London? all the other places I tried are so expensive and are charging £400

its a school. You should try and contact them, they're a lot cheaper. The one I'm doing my exams with are in Surrey, by weybridge
My sixth form don't even charge anything for resits. I think that's probably because it is an inner city school so kind of lucky
Does anyone know of any easy going jobs I could apply for while still revising hard for my exams? I need to earn some cash on the side but something not too heavy or long hours
Original post by xxvine
hahaha

most places charge around £40 per paper

I haven't heard any cheaper tbh

How many exams you looking to do?

That is so expensive. I am paying 16.50 to resit one paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adriana95
Does anyone know of any easy going jobs I could apply for while still revising hard for my exams? I need to earn some cash on the side but something not too heavy or long hours

I'm actually looking to do the opposite an quit my job I have atm have made me do very long hours even though I'm a college student.
Yeah I would advise quitting your jobs now Tbh, you don't want to miss out on the grades again for the sake of a few hundred pounds and last year I quit in April which I realise was now a bit too late
Reply 994
My old sixth form only charges £15 per exam. They even entered me for an exam that they don't even do anymore, for £5 extra.
£25 an exam, they must make a killing of us fools who think it is necessary to sit exams!
Original post by Unbearable
£25 an exam, they must make a killing of us fools who think it is necessary to sit exams!

Same with my old sixth form. But i had to pay a £50 admin fee :unimpressed:
Original post by adriana95
its a school. You should try and contact them, they're a lot cheaper. The one I'm doing my exams with are in Surrey, by weybridge
thanks, I found some schools near my area too, I emailed them and going to ring some up too.
Original post by TheGemini
Haha, exactly why I couldn't go back to my old school

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh all my old teachers come to the exam hall and I don't like that lol
Anyone doing Edexcel IALs in January good luck!
My first one's tomorrow and I'm already like:

Quick Reply

Latest