The Student Room Group

Any one resitting A2 Modules?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
fancy seeing you on this thread

I've been ghosting this thread for a while :wink:
Original post by neal95
Are you doing f297 or are you with aqa? Yeah I would be so happy if I et the results for my firm as it would make the year entirely worth it! Where have you firmed? Also that's very kind of you, hopefully your sister is grateful haha!

I'm with OCR for business! It's my worst subject bc it's so tedious (the mark scheme & where marks are awarded, not the subject it's self) firmed Keele, just bc I couldn't choose between the two & Keele had lower grade boundaries :colondollar: I've insured University of Nottingham. Hopefully I get in to one haha. How was your exam?
I'm finally done & free!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i get AAB but wanna resit some A2 modules to gain A*A*A in maths, chemistry and physics and reapply to imperial and durham for chemistry, would i need to change my PS as i applied for chemistry this year too! Anyone give some advice please? Im also visually impaired which affected my exams this year, would teachers mention this in my reference? Anyone done similar? :smile:
Original post by SomeGuy96
I didn't really have a reason for doing bad and i got offers from 5 Russel group unis when my A level results were BBC. However aren't a levels changing completely after this round? Depending on your exam boards it might not be possible for you to resit a2.
i think next year is the last year you can retake these exams
Original post by neal95
Yeah that's a similar situation to me really, had 4 and got the 5th tommorow but for my 2nd I was so rushed and literally wrote the bare bones for the second section. I also finished my most recent one with 30 seconds to spare lol. I also want to either burn or shred my material as I will not be needing it again but my mum wants me to keep it until results day lol. Finish on 17th and yeah they have definitely gone better than last year :smile: either the questions are easier or I am more prepared !

same got my last one on 17th
Original post by Lost_hope
same got my last one on 17th

Can't wait it's so close! I really should get up and go and study for it now though :P
Original post by neal95
Can't wait it's so close! I really should get up and go and study for it now though :P

i started just came back from my law exam lol, did you have a exam today?
Looking likely that I'll spend next year on a gap year doing resits.
Do the Uni's mind at all/differently if I resit only a few exams outside of full-time education or retaking the entire year over again? Like, I know most wont mind all to much, but wont they ask why I didnt manage to do them all at the same time like everyone else??
Just dont want to lose out on a place at a good russell group uni because my work ethic in my AS year wasnt strong enough
Original post by neal95

hey, how is revision going? is it in the morning
hey, how is revision going? is it in the morning

hey, no its in the afternoon thank god, ive just been going through the calculation questions on each paper to make sure i can pick up the easy 4 marks and i am gonna brush up on above the line and pricing methods today. tommorow i can do the rest of the syllabus, look at the mark schemes and might check the examiners reports out if i have time. this one is only out of 60 marks and the questions require much shorter answers especially the 6 markers so thats a saving grace i guess lol.
Original post by neal95
hey, no its in the afternoon thank god, ive just been going through the calculation questions on each paper to make sure i can pick up the easy 4 marks and i am gonna brush up on above the line and pricing methods today. tommorow i can do the rest of the syllabus, look at the mark schemes and might check the examiners reports out if i have time. this one is only out of 60 marks and the questions require much shorter answers especially the 6 markers so thats a saving grace i guess lol.
oh that sounds good, i'm trying to go over everything today so I can go over it again tomorrow and look at examiners reports
Original post by All-rounder
Looking likely that I'll spend next year on a gap year doing resits.
Do the Uni's mind at all/differently if I resit only a few exams outside of full-time education or retaking the entire year over again? Like, I know most wont mind all to much, but wont they ask why I didnt manage to do them all at the same time like everyone else??
Just dont want to lose out on a place at a good russell group uni because my work ethic in my AS year wasnt strong enough

and hey, most dont mind at all mate, some can be a bit picky but the majority of them wont really mind as long as your grades arent disastrous and you have a good personal statement which shows passion and commitment for the course. it can show perserverance in retaking the year as it shows that your not just going to accept going to any university. i came out with BCC last year which was my own fault really as i slacked off in AS year and tried to make up for it in A2 (last year) with as resits and a2 exams. i could have worked a bit harder, especially as i only really started revison from february onwards and it wasnt smart revision, mainly just reading my textbooks. if you do resit the year i would urge you to begin right away making your notes and organising yourself, so that means printing off the specifications for each module and putting all your stuff in ringbinder folders. the year goes quite fast, although it takes a while to get in to things, after christmas its just a blur tbh.

Anyways, i applied for law at Birmingham,Sheffield, Liverpool Manchester and Leciester and got accepted from the first 3 with AAA offers from the first 2 and ABB from liverpool. this was done despite me not being able to get predicted grades from my old form tutor as they are unable to provide these if they are not teaching us. however, that got me 3 offers and BCC is definitely not the best grades in the world, but i believei had a good personal statement and an LNAT score above 25, which was above the average, so there are other factors they consider. if it pays off, like i am hopoing my decision to resit will, it will be the best feeling ever and make the struggle 100% worth it!. good luck and hopefully you make the right decision for yourself. if you need to chat then you can PM me :smile:
oh that sounds good, i'm trying to go over everything today so I can go over it again tomorrow and look at examiners reports

yeah thats a good idea aswell, i am gonna watch some tv so if i am still in the mood for studying then i will continue to crack on lol. im gonna have a look back over my marketing notes for F292 aswell, and attempt some questions, but overall i am not too worried about this exam as it seems like one of those were you can write responses to it using previous knowledge. its a nice last exam too have tbh haha
Original post by neal95
and hey, most dont mind at all mate, some can be a bit picky but the majority of them wont really mind as long as your grades arent disastrous and you have a good personal statement which shows passion and commitment for the course. it can show perserverance in retaking the year as it shows that your not just going to accept going to any university. i came out with BCC last year which was my own fault really as i slacked off in AS year and tried to make up for it in A2 (last year) with as resits and a2 exams. i could have worked a bit harder, especially as i only really started revison from february onwards and it wasnt smart revision, mainly just reading my textbooks. if you do resit the year i would urge you to begin right away making your notes and organising yourself, so that means printing off the specifications for each module and putting all your stuff in ringbinder folders. the year goes quite fast, although it takes a while to get in to things, after christmas its just a blur tbh.

Anyways, i applied for law at Birmingham,Sheffield, Liverpool Manchester and Leciester and got accepted from the first 3 with AAA offers from the first 2 and ABB from liverpool. this was done despite me not being able to get predicted grades from my old form tutor as they are unable to provide these if they are not teaching us. however, that got me 3 offers and BCC is definitely not the best grades in the world, but i believei had a good personal statement and an LNAT score above 25, which was above the average, so there are other factors they consider. if it pays off, like i am hopoing my decision to resit will, it will be the best feeling ever and make the struggle 100% worth it!. good luck and hopefully you make the right decision for yourself. if you need to chat then you can PM me :smile:

Thanks dude, that really makes me feel more confident about whatever decisions I have to make come results day, at least it wont be the end of the world :smile:
Original post by neal95
yeah thats a good idea aswell, i am gonna watch some tv so if i am still in the mood for studying then i will continue to crack on lol. im gonna have a look back over my marketing notes for F292 aswell, and attempt some questions, but overall i am not too worried about this exam as it seems like one of those were you can write responses to it using previous knowledge. its a nice last exam too have tbh haha

oh thats good. yh I might take a break in a bit too
Thanks dude, that really makes me feel more confident about whatever decisions I have to make come results day, at least it wont be the end of the world :smile:

No problem, i would have liked to have seen something like this when I made the decision as it is a big one. I sort of had a look at the clearing places but knew that if I went to one of the universities there that I would always think what if I resist and applied myself 100% to my abilities. Yeah whatever happens happens so you can only play the hand your dealt with lol. 1 year in the grand scheme of things isn't much is how I think of it
Original post by neal95
No problem, i would have liked to have seen something like this when I made the decision as it is a big one. I sort of had a look at the clearing places but knew that if I went to one of the universities there that I would always think what if I resist and applied myself 100% to my abilities. Yeah whatever happens happens so you can only play the hand your dealt with lol. 1 year in the grand scheme of things isn't much is how I think of it

Can I just ask, when you decided to resit, were you retaking the A2 year, retaking as part of the college in full time education, or resitting independently and completely out of education?
^the latter - that's why his school wouldn't provide him with predicted grades.
Can I just ask, when you decided to resit, were you retaking the A2 year, retaking as part of the college in full time education, or resitting independently and completely out of education?

I think a lot of us opted for independent study since colleges are so stingy! I'm resitting externally and paid for my exams

I was just resitting independently as I had already learnt all the content a yea previously and still had all the textbooks and revision materials. It's actually much better because you cover more information and can practice your own questions and do what you want to rather than what the class or teacher thinks you should do. It's brilliant prep for university aswell because there will be lots of independent study ( depending on which course you study)

Quick Reply

Latest