The Student Room Group

Any one resitting A2 Modules?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danny786
How was UCAS stuff? Creating a new personal statement, referees etc..

I didn't create a new personal statement, i only changed a sentence or two to add a few more skills i had picked up in the year since I'd written it originally. I can't speak for everybody else but i had zero problems using the same statement; i got offers from all 5 of my choices.

As for referees i think it depends on your college/sixth form. I just phoned my college up and they let me re-use my old referees.

You might want to ask your college about boosting your predicted grades too, if you plan on taking a year out and improving your results, else your old predicted grades will be used on the application. Again it depends on the college; i know some people had a lot of trouble getting new predicted grades. My college said no originally so i came in with a pen and paper and got my old teachers to sign it saying that they predict me x grade and then finally the guy in charge of UCAS applications let me change them.
Original post by SomeGuy96
I didn't create a new personal statement, i only changed a sentence or two to add a few more skills i had picked up in the year since I'd written it originally. I can't speak for everybody else but i had zero problems using the same statement; i got offers from all 5 of my choices.

As for referees i think it depends on your college/sixth form. I just phoned my college up and they let me re-use my old referees.

You might want to ask your college about boosting your predicted grades too, if you plan on taking a year out and improving your results, else your old predicted grades will be used on the application. Again it depends on the college; i know some people had a lot of trouble getting new predicted grades. My college said no originally so i came in with a pen and paper and got my old teachers to sign it saying that they predict me x grade and then finally the guy in charge of UCAS applications let me change them.

Thats true

A few pop;e I know had trouble with predicted grades as their college were unwilling to predict them new grades because they were not part of the college anymore.
Hey everyone! Know I'm really late posting but just wanted to say a massive congrats to everyone for getting amazing results and getting into the unis they wanted! Can't believe this year is now over, it's actually gone so quick :eek:, we should be so proud of ourselves as I'm sure you can all agree, it's been a really difficult year, especially with mates having gone off to uni last year and having to basically teach ourselves the subjects in which we were resitting. I finally got into the uni where I wanted to go to last year and I am BUZZING!! Was definitely a LOT more nervous this results day compared to last year :s-smilie: One thing I just want to ask you all, as we're all in the same boat and even though I know this isn't a big deal, do you reckon going uni at 19 rather than 18 will be weird? It's just that, even though I have only just turned 19, I've been used to always being around older people and I sorta liked it that way, so I'm just a bit unsure as how to feel now being around people who are younger than me :dontknow:
Original post by paige09
Hey everyone! Know I'm really late posting but just wanted to say a massive congrats to everyone for getting amazing results and getting into the unis they wanted! Can't believe this year is now over, it's actually gone so quick :eek:, we should be so proud of ourselves as I'm sure you can all agree, it's been a really difficult year, especially with mates having gone off to uni last year and having to basically teach ourselves the subjects in which we were resitting. I finally got into the uni where I wanted to go to last year and I am BUZZING!! Was definitely a LOT more nervous this results day compared to last year :s-smilie: One thing I just want to ask you all, as we're all in the same boat and even though I know this isn't a big deal, do you reckon going uni at 19 rather than 18 will be weird? It's just that, even though I have only just turned 19, I've been used to always being around older people and I sorta liked it that way, so I'm just a bit unsure as how to feel now being around people who are younger than me :dontknow:

Tbh I was worried about this last year, but after working with people of different ages during my gap year it doesn't bother me as much. When my siblings were at uni they said that people in their halls ranged in age from 18 - 24! I think people tend to mature as the first year goes on anyway so hopefully the difference in ages won't be too obvious towards the end. And congrats to you too! :smile:
Original post by coolerthanbeans
Tbh I was worried about this last year, but after working with people of different ages during my gap year it doesn't bother me as much. When my siblings were at uni they said that people in their halls ranged in age from 18 - 24! I think people tend to mature as the first year goes on anyway so hopefully the difference in ages won't be too obvious towards the end. And congrats to you too! :smile:

YhI guess I shouldn't let it bother me either :smile: thankyou for your reply and good luck at uni! :biggrin:
I'm retaking my a levels as I got CDD in my a2s and I was thinking about retaking all my chem and bio units
It that too much to do 8 units
I really want a's
I'm doing the at college

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible to do 2 a levels in biology with 1 being ocr and 1 being Aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take a year out and resit ABC for AAA/AAB and apply to UCL/Warwick/Manchester, or go to Sussex now (ucl was my firm this year) and study psychology... Just read this wholeeeeee post and now it has me thinking... i'm two marks off a B and 3 marks off an A , VERY annoying

Or do you recommend staying with Sussex, currently ranked 19th, and just apply for my masters at one of those three(always planned on doing a masters).... If i done this i would re sit the C in Biology as regardless its driving me crazy never got a C in my life the whole class got Cs this year the teachers really unprepared us and i messed up literally one paper.. I got an A at AS and i would re take one module as a private candidate whilst at uni... The exam is two weeks after my uni exams ... Opinions on what i should do???
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChiFlee
Take a year out and resit ABC for AAA/AAB and apply to UCL/Warwick/Manchester, or go to Sussex now (ucl was my firm this year) and study psychology... Just read this wholeeeeee post and now it has me thinking... i'm two marks off a B and 3 marks off an A , VERY annoying

Or do you recommend staying with Sussex, currently ranked 19th, and just apply for my masters at one of those three(always planned on doing a masters).... If i done this i would re sit the C in Biology as regardless its driving me crazy never got a C in my life the whole class got Cs this year the teachers really unprepared us and i messed up literally one paper.. I got an A at AS and i would re take one module as a private candidate whilst at uni... The exam is two weeks after my uni exams ... Opinions on what i should do???

If you don't mind Sussex, go Sussex. If you don't want to go, then take a gap year. Why don't you get a remark considering it's so small? Don't retake A levels exams in Uni. Once you're in uni they don't even matter and it will be pain in the ass to revise for with all your uni work.
Reply 1489
im resitting c3 c4 and AS Physics
Original post by Youni-chan
If you don't mind Sussex, go Sussex. If you don't want to go, then take a gap year. Why don't you get a remark considering it's so small? Don't retake A levels exams in Uni. Once you're in uni they don't even matter and it will be pain in the ass to revise for with all your uni work.

I got a remark already as I was 6 marks off and it went up by 4 so now I'm too marks off. Also that is true, but I know people who have done it and been successful. So i'll see how it goes once I start getting work and assigments
Where are you guys retaking your exams?
I am currently in my first year at University and I am absolutely hating it, due to being in the city. I'd rather be on a campus! I was hoping to achieve AAB this year but only got ABC, all off which were a few marks of the next grade! I have contacted Exeter, a university that I originally got an offer from but didn't firm or insure, to see if they would reconsider me this year, they said I would have to resit the C to be considered. Do you think it's worth it, resisting A2 to transfer from Kings to Exeter?
Original post by lizmoo0721
I am currently in my first year at University and I am absolutely hating it, due to being in the city. I'd rather be on a campus! I was hoping to achieve AAB this year but only got ABC, all off which were a few marks of the next grade! I have contacted Exeter, a university that I originally got an offer from but didn't firm or insure, to see if they would reconsider me this year, they said I would have to resit the C to be considered. Do you think it's worth it, resisting A2 to transfer from Kings to Exeter?

Kings is a very good uni right?

If you really don't like the uni then move tbh

Quick Reply

Latest