The Student Room Group

How will I pay for accomodation!?!? HELP

My course is NHS funded and i'll be getting a bit of money from SFE as well.
However, the NHS will be giving me the money bit by bit across 11 months which isn't enough by the first two due dates for the accommodation fees, so I'm going to have to pay about £600 each time from my own pocket because the money I get won't be enough. Plus I need money for food and other stuff, my parents are poor so I can't just ask them.
Help! What am I supposed to do?
Reply 1
Original post by qwerty73
However, the NHS will be giving me the money bit by bit across 11 months which isn't enough by the first two due dates for the accommodation fees, so I'm going to have to pay about £600 each time from my own pocket because the money I get won't be enough. Plus I need money for food and other stuff, my parents are poor so I can't just ask them.

Do you not get a grant/bursary/loan? Can you get a job?

If your parents are 'poor' then you should still be entitled to a loan/bursary from SF
Reply 3
Original post by ldsbabe
Do you not get a grant/bursary/loan? Can you get a job?

Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
If your parents are 'poor' then you should still be entitled to a loan/bursary from SF

Yeah I will get £2324 from SFE (they won't give me anymore than that because I'm eligible for NHS) and about £2500 from NHS for the year, the money from NHS will be given in monthly instalments (so about £200 every month) but after some working out I found out that these won't be enough by the time I have to pay for my accommodation fees.
Reply 4

Get a job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending