The Student Room Group

Accommodation advance payment only deducts from first installment? Or first couple?

I am going to a uni accomodation which requires advance payment of 450 pounds. 150 for damages, and 300 to secure. My uni says the the 300 will be deucted from the first installment. Does that simply mean it only covers a week? I am asking because the accomodation is 130 pounds a week anyway, soi will still lose 180 pounds if it only covers 1 week and im on tight budget.
Reply 1
Original post by No1FanGirl
I am going to a uni accomodation which requires advance payment of 450 pounds. 150 for damages, and 300 to secure. My uni says the the 300 will be deucted from the first installment. Does that simply mean it only covers a week? I am asking because the accomodation is 130 pounds a week anyway, soi will still lose 180 pounds if it only covers 1 week and im on tight budget.

How are you calculating that £180 ?

You need to check your accommodation agreement to find out how the payments are structured -- i.e. how much you need to pay and on what dates.

When I was a student in university accommodation (a long time ago), the arrangement was that accommodation for each term was paid at the start of the term. Obviously things might be different for the accommodation you're in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending