The Student Room Group

GUYS: do you like high-waisted shorts on girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Personally I didn't know there were different types of shorts (apart from how far down the leg they go)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaMandarine
Same ^____^ 2 shorts and 2 jeans, haha. My mom was a bit more curvy than me, and had a thicker waist. Those shorts have a 12 cm waist difference, but the material is soooo good and strong, I tripped off rocks hiking and they didn't even bruise (saved my arse too xD)
And indeed, they give the illusion that I'm taller, which is always welcomed :smile:
My waist was always thin and my hips were always wide, and high waisted jeans fit superb. The belt rests on my waist so comfortably I don't have to worry they'll slip off if I bent down xD. With low waisted jeans I never found a pair that fitted me right. They were either too fit and felt like I was ham wrapped in a string or too loose and I risked dropping them even with a belt on :lol:

Well I think they look great on you :h:

Original post by Andy98
Personally I didn't know there were different types of shorts (apart from how far down the leg they go)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, well now you know.
Reply 42
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Haha, well now you know.

Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
OhhhmiiiGwad!!! 40kgggg!!! Gurrrrl eat a burger purlease or two..
So I have a couple of pairs of high-waisted shorts because I find them more flattering on me than the low-rise ones.

But I've read online quite a lot that guys really hate this trend and find it unattractive, so I'd like to take this question to the TSRians!

What do you think?

(Also before anyone says I should dress how I like and not to impress guys, I do that anyway. I just want to see your opinions.)

EDIT: I'm quite thin (size 4-6), weigh 40kg and am 5' 2". Don't tell me I'm underweight, I know that and I'm working on it. I don't have an entirely flat arse, but it's not big either.

If your arse cheeks are hanging out, it just looks stupid. If not then I'm impartial :smile:
nope
Original post by imconfused
I think they're really cute! Not that I own any... Now that I know guys don't like them I'm gonna buy my self a few pairs

Is this a typo?
(Also before anyone says I should dress how I like and not to impress guys, I do that anyway. I just want to see your opinions.)

But... you're specifically asking males about their opinion on high waste shorts. What other motive would there be for you asking if it was not to impress guys?
Guys really don't care where the waistband of your shorts is. I also get the impression that when people are replying they're referring to those really short tight high waisted hot pants/disco pants. There's loads of classier options (not that there's anything wrong with hotpants imo...)

I find high waisted stuff flattering because I've got a small waist and a bigger bum/thigh area (although I always have to have the waist taken in or wear a tight belt!). I also like wearing cropped tops which look a bit weird with low rise shorts.
Original post by Autistic Merit
Is this a typo?

nope

Quick Reply

Latest