The Student Room Group

Any other girls hate being tall?

I’m 5’10 and I like my long legs, but I’d do absolutely anything to become like 5’3😭 it’s the most annoying thing. I’ve never had a problem with guys but i just get so jealous everytime I see a short girl, it’s literally so depressing. My short friends are always telling me they wish they were my height but I wish I was their height. Tell me I’m not alone please?🤣
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lauralilyxo
I’m 5’10 and I like my long legs, but I’d do absolutely anything to become like 5’3😭 it’s the most annoying thing. I’ve never had a problem with guys but i just get so jealous everytime I see a short girl, it’s literally so depressing. My short friends are always telling me they wish they were my height but I wish I was their height. Tell me I’m not alone please?🤣

You're definitely not alone there! I'm not as tall as you but I'm 5'7 and if I got a boyfriend I would want them to be taller than me. That's just my personal opinion. And I'm afraid of when I'm older I'll be that person that everyone asks to reach the top shelves for stuff :biggrin: But most if the time I just embrace who I am :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by damon_salvatore
You're definitely not alone there! I'm not as tall as you but I'm 5'7 and if I got a boyfriend I would want them to be taller than me. That's just my personal opinion. And I'm afraid of when I'm older I'll be that person that everyone asks to reach the top shelves for stuff :biggrin: But most if the time I just embrace who I am :smile:

Aww ik, It’s so rare to find a boy that actually makes you feel short when you’re tall lol xx
I’d imagine short girls wished they were taller and tall girls wish they were shorter. My best advice is to just embrace your advantage... may I ask, why do you want to be 5’3?

Being tall does have challenging aspects... I'm taller than you. Clothes shopping can be really depressing 99% of stuff just doesn't fit. And there's the mixed blessing that it's impossible to be invisible, anonymous, part of the crowd. For me it makes me take the approach of - if I'm going to be noticed then I make sure I'm confidently loudly visible. Tall people trying to hide is not an inspiring look. And you can always get served at the bar.
Original post by Dee-Emma
Being tall does have challenging aspects... I'm taller than you. Clothes shopping can be really depressing 99% of stuff just doesn't fit. And there's the mixed blessing that it's impossible to be invisible, anonymous, part of the crowd. For me it makes me take the approach of - if I'm going to be noticed then I make sure I'm confidently loudly visible. Tall people trying to hide is not an inspiring look. And you can always get served at the bar.

I agree, Don’t get me wrong I don’t think tall girls look ugly or anything, if anything it’s the opposite. Long legs etc, I just personally hate it with a passion :frown:
Tall girls, short guys, tall guys, short girls. We're all human.
im 5'7 and i feel veryy tall because like the avarege height of women in my country is like 5'2 ,, but i feel powerful too lol so its kind of a win and lose situation for me . cos i dont like attracting attention and ou do if you're my height as a female here , but in the uk i feel as if my height is nothing special
Ahh man! I’m 5” 2 and would do anything to be taller.
Jeans have to be rolled up ten times even when they’re my length! Jumpers, coats and long sleeve tops have to be rolled up too like I’m a child! Cropped tops aren’t cropped and the most annoying thing is I have the feet of a 10 year old so most of the clothes and shoes I can wear are from the children’s section with characters on or not many choices! I buy short skirts that look amazing on the model online and they come and are down to my knees!!!! Where’s the sexiness in that? The only short dresses and skirts I can wear offline would have to be altered for me to look anything like they do on the taller models.

Yeah we definitely all want what we haven’t got 😂
Reply 9
well im not a girl but i hate being short-
im 5'3 and i haven't grown since 5th grade xc
Everybody grow different u got to learn to love ur self god made u tall for a reason it doesn’t matter u tall or short u beautiful inside and out no one should be a shame about how tall or short u is all women’s are queens in this world god made us different ways and different talents u should be proud u tall and ur long legs nobody is perfect

Yea I agree. I love this guy, I do. He’s short, I don’t care but it won’t work. Im really tall and he’s short. I don’t know if he likes me but I’m sure he’d prefer someone shorter. Kissing, etc is complicated. I wish I was short. Every sweet guy I’ve loved is short, I wish I was so it would be convenient. I hope I get my moms genes and stop growing.

Same. I love this guy, wish I was short. I’m talk he’s short.
lol i cant relate to being tall but all of my friends are way taller then me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending