The Student Room Group

Who likes to party in londonnnnn

so basically i took my as level exams this year and after the exam i felt that i did pretty well...however the results proved me wrong. I got
Maths-B (OCR)
Physics-B (OCR)
Chemistry-C (OCR)
Economics-C(AQA)
I would like to study economics at first but considering my bad grades, i will have to choose Management instead. However the problem is that Universities I want to apply give out AAB,AAA or ABB offers....With my grades, BBCC, i believe that they would not even consider giving me an offer, and i will end up getting 5 rejects. I plan to retake Mahts-C1, Econ 1 and Econ 2 this coming june (2015). I have not asked my teachers about predicted grades yet, but teachers in my school are dicks, they don't tend to give you a predicted grade higher than your actual AS grade... WHAT SHOULD I DO? I really want to get into university in london such as UCL, KCL and LSE...It was my dream when i was young...Please help me..would really appreciate it guys
Original post by guthixs
so basically i took my as level exams this year and after the exam i felt that i did pretty well...however the results proved me wrong. I got
Maths-B (OCR)
Physics-B (OCR)
Chemistry-C (OCR)
Economics-C(AQA)
I would like to study economics at first but considering my bad grades, i will have to choose Management instead. However the problem is that Universities I want to apply give out AAB,AAA or ABB offers....With my grades, BBCC, i believe that they would not even consider giving me an offer, and i will end up getting 5 rejects. I plan to retake Mahts-C1, Econ 1 and Econ 2 this coming june (2015). I have not asked my teachers about predicted grades yet, but teachers in my school are dicks, they don't tend to give you a predicted grade higher than your actual AS grade... WHAT SHOULD I DO? I really want to get into university in london such as UCL, KCL and LSE...It was my dream when i was young...Please help me..would really appreciate it guys

Why not apply to London unis that ask for grades that are closer to what you've been predicted? BPP offer a good industry focused business course, and they ask for BBC. Pearson College also do industry focused degrees with internships as a part of the course and ask for similar grades.

You can still study in London, just look into other places to study :smile:
Reply 2
Hello, I am actually a current student at Pearson College and if you are looking for a business focused course in London, I highly recommend taking a look and coming in to visit. Our personal visit days give you a real insight into the ethos at Pearson College and the unique ways that we work with employers.

Good luck with the next year, and please give me a shout if you have any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending