The Student Room Group

Organisation for sixth form

Hi! So I'm about to start sixth form next week, and I was wondering do I need a notebook for each subject?? I'm doing English lit, textiles, art and business all from the AQA board. I know I won't need one for art, but I was unsure about textiles and business?? Thanks in advance! :biggrin:
Original post by Jenny_Hand
Hi! So I'm about to start sixth form next week, and I was wondering do I need a notebook for each subject?? I'm doing English lit, textiles, art and business all from the AQA board. I know I won't need one for art, but I was unsure about textiles and business?? Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Folders, especially ringbinders, will be your friends in Sixth Form. You will probably end up with a LOT of loose sheets of paper, so folders are better than notebooks. Have a small folder per subject for carrying into school (with the possible exception of art), then a large ringbinder at home for storing revision and old classwork that you no longer need to carry to school. Notebooks are only really useful for ripping pages out to make notes on, and buying lined paper is a lot cheaper than that.

(Please do bear in mind that this is my organisation strategy and a different one may be more suitable for you. I just found this to be the most efficient way of keeping track of all my work!)

Quick Reply

Latest