The Student Room Group

VERY conflicted and need help.

Right so I am very torn between going to Woodhouse College or Alexandra Park Sixth-form.

I have heard some negative stuff about Woodhouse, particularly the fact it is overrated and it is depreciating in quality. The drug stuff too. I know Woodhouse obviously has its pros, but I just can't find a review that is detailed enough to make a grounded decision off of.

With Alexandra Park Sixth-form, there is quite literally nothing apart from one reply that described lenient teaching and lots of free periods.

Could anyone offer their opinions? I'm open to anything.
Reply 1
So I study at woodhouse, and I had heard similar things before I went, but it’s been absolutely incredible. The biggest factor in teaching is who you are assigned to, as every teacher works differently. But the support for well-being, the super curriculars, and quality of teaching is very high. I had no intention of applying to oxbridge at the beginning of the the year, and am now ready to apply with three A* predictions. They are targeted heavily towards people applying to Russel group unis, and have so many resources to help. The biggest issue is the size, because it’s got so many students that everything feels quite overwhelming. What subjects are you studying? Because I think it makes quite a big difference.
Reply 2
I'd like to study Classics, Psychology and RS. Thank you for your reply!
Original post by AnnaSR
So I study at woodhouse, and I had heard similar things before I went, but it’s been absolutely incredible. The biggest factor in teaching is who you are assigned to, as every teacher works differently. But the support for well-being, the super curriculars, and quality of teaching is very high. I had no intention of applying to oxbridge at the beginning of the the year, and am now ready to apply with three A* predictions. They are targeted heavily towards people applying to Russel group unis, and have so many resources to help. The biggest issue is the size, because it’s got so many students that everything feels quite overwhelming. What subjects are you studying? Because I think it makes quite a big difference.
Reply 3
Original post by verbsanouns
I'd like to study Classics, Psychology and RS. Thank you for your reply!

If there’s one reason to go, it should be the classics teacher, she’s absolutely amazing. I take classics and it’s my favourite subject there, really well taught and the teacher organised meetings with you regularly to discuss progress. Also, on the topic of drugs, nobody is in college doing drugs, but there are a lot of people who smoke outside at break. It’s really not a big deal though. There are quite a few girls who have moved from APS in my classes too.
Reply 4
Thank you for your advice! Also if you know why, why have they moved?
Original post by AnnaSR
If there’s one reason to go, it should be the classics teacher, she’s absolutely amazing. I take classics and it’s my favourite subject there, really well taught and the teacher organised meetings with you regularly to discuss progress. Also, on the topic of drugs, nobody is in college doing drugs, but there are a lot of people who smoke outside at break. It’s really not a big deal though. There are quite a few girls who have moved from APS in my classes too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending