The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Mathematics at Surrey - question about Further Maths...

Hey all,
To study maths at Surrey, is it a requirement to have Further Maths A level? I have checked the website and it only mentions AAA at A level as a requirement for BSc in Mathematics. It does not explicitly say anything about Further Maths, all it says is 'All programmes require at least an A grade in A-Level Mathematics.'. I'm currently an AS student but I did not study Further Maths AS this year. I will, however be studying Further Maths AS next year while continuing my A2 levels. Would Surrey require me to have the full Further Maths A level?
Reply 1
Original post by tabmax22
Hey all,
To study maths at Surrey, is it a requirement to have Further Maths A level? I have checked the website and it only mentions AAA at A level as a requirement for BSc in Mathematics. It does not explicitly say anything about Further Maths, all it says is 'All programmes require at least an A grade in A-Level Mathematics.'. I'm currently an AS student but I did not study Further Maths AS this year. I will, however be studying Further Maths AS next year while continuing my A2 levels. Would Surrey require me to have the full Further Maths A level?

To me it sounds like you just need A-Level Maths. It's up to you whether you want to take Further Maths.

Why don't you email them? They'll get back to you in a matter of hours.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
No. The requirements are very clear. You need 3 A grades, one of which have to be in Mathematics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending