The Student Room Group

Quick Question (colds)

A really quick and probably simple question but I've got a really bad cold and I feel starving all the time, even though I've already had plenty to eat? Is that my body's way of trying to build up nutrients...and if that's the case, should I give in to being hungry?

(Obviously, I don't want to end up putting loads of weight on but if my body needs more food then I dont want to not give it more!)

Sorry if that's really silly or obvious.
i think your right your body needs more nutrients... but eat healthy stuff that is filling, like porridge or toast.. and drink lots! (most of the time when you're feeling hungry you need a drink...) :smile: get well soon xxx
Reply 2
Drink lots of hot orange juice with honey mixed in - it works wonders for colds.

Get well soon :biggrin:
Reply 4
I thought it was "feed a cold, starve a fever", and just an old wives' tale anyway?

Don't have any informed advice for the OP though. If you're hungry then you should probably eat healthy stuff like someone above suggested.
drink plenty or fluids...............anything, but probs water or orange is best
Propain tablets work for me, they ease the symptons.
Reply 7
Lemsip sachets, not tablets. i used to take the tablets and foudn they didnt work very well, but the sachets work a treat!
You might be getting cravings for something that your body needs to fight the cold? Vitamin C maybe. i dunno, what things are good for your immune system? erm eat garlic on oranges okay hun :biggrin:
Reply 9
I'd go for lots of fluids. Soup tends to help, nice and filling too. But you dont want to end up with the runs, so have some bread to soak it up lol. Get well soon, and I say eat eat eat.
Reply 10
i've got a cold atm aswell (i seem to get them very often). and yer i am eating alot - but i tend to eat loads anyway. today for example i had 12 slices of pizza for lunch (pizza hut all you can eat buffet - gotta get my moneys worth!). and no i'm not a fat bastard!

seriously though, i think its ok to eat more than you usually would - just not too much more. and don't try to fill yourself up on snacks - eat something good like brown pasta etc
Reply 11
What often occurs is that people feel hungry when in fact it's fluids that they are lacking. Drink lots of water which will make you feel better all around, and may wash the cold out, as well as making you feel fuller. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending