The Student Room Group

Attending Uni BEFORE Student Loan comes in???

If the student finance company send your loan say a few days/weeks after you are due to start university, does this mean you can't attend at all, or are the uni's flexible/understanding??

Also, is there any way of ensuring your loan comes in on time?

Help!!!! Please :tongue: :confused:
Original post by tea&scrabble
If the student finance company send your loan say a few days/weeks after you are due to start university, does this mean you can't attend at all, or are the uni's flexible/understanding??

Do you mean your tuition loan?

You have to enrol, then the university notify SF, then SF release the tuition money

It can take a while but you do not have to worry about it
I had to change to my insurance choice after results day and it meant I had to change my finance entirely! I've not heard anything since about Tuition Fee Loan or the Maintenance Loan or Grant so I'm worried about starting without it too!
Original post by tea&scrabble

If you have a look on your student finance account or the letter student finance sends you with payment dates you will see when student finance is due to pay your university- it will never be right at the beginning of term and is a standard date- universities do not expect any money right at the start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending