The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
If you apply for more than one course (say MPhil in Finance, MPhil in Real Estate Finance and Diploma in Economics), would that disadvantage each of the applications?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Oh I finally submitted my application on Sunday - very scary indeed!! Here comes the waiting game.
Reply 82
Anyone know any specifics about the MPhil Economics at Cambridge? i.e. Teaching approach
Original post by ellie.rew
Self-indulgent update: So after writing a proposal that the prospective supervisor was happy with, I put my application in early last week, just wanting to get everything off my plate so I could focus on getting on with my applications for other unis. I checked my Self-Service for the first time this morning and, lo and behold!, I got an offer! Already!?! :eek:

I'm shocked that it's come so quickly and delighted too. There's no college yet, or no funding, so it's a bit of a moot point, but I'm chuffed nonetheless! :biggrin:

Congrats:smile:
I've got a conditional offer also for a History MPhil, no college or funding though. History closed applications quite early so that may be why.
Original post by queenofhearts18
I've got a conditional offer also for a History MPhil, no college or funding though. History closed applications quite early so that may be why.

Well done! :smile: Good luck, are you hoping to get funding? Did you have an interview?
Original post by punctuation
Well done! :smile: Good luck, are you hoping to get funding? Did you have an interview?

Thanks! I am hoping to get funding, I think for o/s we won't know much until at least December, probably March. No interview needed for the MPhil, just for the PhD, I think.
Reply 87
Could anyone provide some guidance on how I could find out more information about funding available to UK students generally and maybe specifically for the MPhil in Finance and MPhil in Real Estate Finance?
Original post by F4N
Could anyone provide some guidance on how I could find out more information about funding available to UK students generally and maybe specifically for the MPhil in Finance and MPhil in Real Estate Finance?

The University offers guidance for potential scholarship applicants for the MPhil in Finance here: http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/research-programmes/research-mphils/mphil-finance/fees-financing/scholarships/
What colleges have you all chosen?
Reply 90
Hi everyone!

I've just received an invitation to interview for an M.Phil program, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on what to prepare for? Or if anyone has had an interview, what I should be expecting?

Thank you!
Reply 91
Hi all!

Fellow applicant here. I'm currently studying Mathematics at Imperial, and applied for MAST in Applied Mathematics (PART III) and MPhil in Finance (Financial Engineering), applied quite early, a month ago I think. This wait is deadly, I want to hear back :frown:
Original post by xroflmao
Hi everyone!

I've just received an invitation to interview for an M.Phil program, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on what to prepare for? Or if anyone has had an interview, what I should be expecting?

Thank you!

What course? :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by punctuation
What course? :smile:

For Medical Sciences (Psychiatry). :smile:
Reply 94
Hi all. I'm an international applicant for the MPhil in the History, Philosophy and Sociology of Science, Technology and Medicine. Just submitted yesterday—I'm waiting with bated breath. Hope to hear back as quickly as ellie.rew!
Original post by xroflmao
For Medical Sciences (Psychiatry). :smile:

Ooh, nice. Good luck. Well as it's research based you should have a good idea of your research interests, experience, etc. As well, think about your motivations to do the MPhil (e.g. as opposed to a PhD, or a taught master's, or something). Do you have to give a presentation during the interview? Are you interviewed by your supervisor? Who is your supervisor? :biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by hinaus-
Hi all. I'm an international applicant for the MPhil in the History, Philosophy and Sociology of Science, Technology and Medicine. Just submitted yesterday—I'm waiting with bated breath. Hope to hear back as quickly as ellie.rew!

I hope there is an abbreviation for that degree, or are you going to get very tired with the "what are you studying" questions very quickly in freshers week :laugh:
Reply 97
Original post by sj27
I hope there is an abbreviation for that degree, or are you going to get very tired with the "what are you studying" questions very quickly in freshers week :laugh:

I fully intend to come up with something succinct to tell people :tongue:
Original post by hinaus-
I fully intend to come up with something succinct to tell people :tongue:

HPS I guess? :tongue: I know someone in that area at Cambridge (doing a PhD I think). It's a good one!
Reply 99
HipsStem would work and sounds good :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending