The Student Room Group

Best female perfumes?

I'd like to buy a perfume. I have like 5, some DKNY perfumes and some awful celebrity perfumes, like Justin Bieber (don't judge me it was a gift). They all smell not the best and I was wondering if anyone owns any nice smelling perfumes? I like all different kinds of smell, just describe it a little bit if you want!

Scroll to see replies

I love Princess by Vera Wang it's great for during the day, it's a soft smell and every time I wear it someone compliments me on it :h:
- Viktor and Rolf: Flowerbomb
Sweet and floral but not cloying. It's very addictive and quite girly with feminine undertones.

- Thierry Mugler: Alien Eau Extraordinaire
This is a lighter version of the original 'Alien'. The fragrance is very deep and mysterious. It's quite floral with a mixture of woody notes.

- Dior: Hypnotic Poison
This perfume smells heavenly! On myself I can detect the vanilla notes, it's a 'creamy' fragrance.

- Hugo Boss: Ma Vie Pour Femme
I don't really know how to describe this one, it's quite floral but has warmth too it? It's a 'clean' fragrance.

Out of all of the perfumes in my collection I'd say that those ones are the best in terms of being a unique scent and sillage!
Reply 3
Marc Jacobs Oh Lola: really light and sweet, great for during the day or summer.

Prada Candy: great for nights.

Vera Wang is also pretty good for fragrances.
Reply 4
Dior Hypnotic Poison has honestly got to be the nicest smelling perfume I have ever smelled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Allaboutthatbass
I'd like to buy a perfume. I have like 5, some DKNY perfumes and some awful celebrity perfumes, like Justin Bieber (don't judge me it was a gift). They all smell not the best and I was wondering if anyone owns any nice smelling perfumes? I like all different kinds of smell, just describe it a little bit if you want!

Would second those who have recommended Flowerbomb and Princess - they are fabulous! You also can't go wrong with a bottle of Chanel No. 5 :smile:
Try vole pheromones.
Reply 7
If you are on a budget, Far Away by Avon is also really nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I love Princess by Vera Wang it's great for during the day, it's a soft smell and every time I wear it someone compliments me on it :h:

Is that the clear bottle with a gold crown and ring? I have the night version with silver and purple crown and black glitter encrusted bottle, absolutely love the smell of it.
Original post by Suemarie
Is that the clear bottle with a gold crown and ring? I have the night version with silver and purple crown and black glitter encrusted bottle, absolutely love the smell of it.

Yeah it is, I've had two other ones but I can't remember what they're called but it's not the one you had. Vera Wang makes some amazing perfumes!
I have this one: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Vera-Wang/Princess-Night-13850.html

But now need (want) to buy the VW princess day too hehehe
Nina Ricci.

End of story.
I'm almost 40 so have had a fair few perfumes in my life ranging from citrusy to sweet and floral to spicy. My favourites were:

Chanel No5 and No 19
Coco de Chanel
Chanel allure
Chanel chance
Cacherel noa
Kenzo jungle
Kenzo flower
Lacoste touch of pink
Gucci envy
Cerutti 1881
Oscar de la renta volupte
Estee lauder pleasure intense
Ja adore Dior plus many others that I cant find or have forgotten about
Original post by Yasmin25

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got this! Haven't gone back from anything else since hahaha
Original post by Yasmin25

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow guys thanks a lot for the advice everyone! I had no idea anyone even commented on this thread lol so thanks. I wrote most of them down as I'm going to the perfume store today to try them if they got them :smile:
Reply 15
Armani diamonds is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
From experience, Victoria's Secret Pear Glace, Ralph Lauren Green Apple, Lacoste Pink, Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman are all bear peng on chicks
I live in a family of girls and theres a lot of perfume in this house hold.

particular ones that smells ****ing great
Oud Wood - Tom Ford
Black Orchid - Tom Ford
Ghost - dont know the person but its in a cresent moon shape
Read Jeans - Versace
Reply 18
Daisy by Marc Jacobs, got it for Christmas. It's not overpowering, smells lovely and summery and stays on for long :smile:
Most of the perfumes by Marc Jacobs. :ahee:

I smelt Chance by Chanel which was really good! There are loads! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest