The Student Room Group

Age gap

So basically I met this boy and we are both interested in each other, we share many common interests, have the same sense of humour and we never struggle to keep a conversation going. Ever since I met him, there hasn't been a day I haven't spoke to him either in person or over text.
The thing is, I'm 15 and he turns 18 in 2 weeks, is there anything wrong with this? Is there too big of an age gap? Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

How long until you are 16? He could get in trouble if you were to do anything intimate.
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaDog0127
How long until you are 16? He could get in trouble if you were to do anything intimate.

It's 3 months until I am 16 :/
It is fine as long as you don't have sex. So if you want to be together for 3 months unofficially and then get "official" once you turn 16 no one will say anything.
My ideal girl would be aged 16 to 19
Original post by Anonymous
It's 3 months until I am 16 :/

So spend 3 months getting to know each other better and don't do anything intimate until you are 16. It's not worth it up until then, if he was to get prosecuted he'd be stuck with it on his record for years, even the rest of his life. Personally, I don't see the age gap as a big deal as long as you both understand the consequences of your actions and respect one another.
Reply 6
So when I turn 16, everything is fine and wouldn't be looked down upon, an 18 year old being with a 16 year old?
Reply 7
16 with 18 is just about acceptable. Your Dad will probably still give him a hard stare, mind..
Reply 8
So when I turn 16, everything is fine and wouldn't be looked down upon, an 18 year old being with a 16 year old?

People will always find something to look down upon :smile: few decades ago a white girl with a black man is looked down upon and if there was TSR back then we would see the same threads :smile:

If you two like each other the rest can kiss your happy arse :smile:
18/2+7 = 16
A little too young.
Reply 10

At this age most people look down on it. But as you both get older it will become more accepted. I'm fine with it. As long as you're both happy all is fine. :yep:
Just hang on until you're 16. But yeah, once you're 16 really it's a non-issue.
I'd say wait until you are 16 before getting together
I'd say wait until you are 16 before getting together

LOL, you commented this on your own thread why?
Reply 14
3 years difference and you call it an age gap? I expected you are dating some 30 or sth like that
I'd say that's fine as long as you don't do anything illegal (really not worth it!) The age gap between my guy and I is almost 4 years and we are super close! Don't let other people's opinions stop you from having something really great :smile:
if i were to go out with a fifteen year old, my peers would probably stop talking to me no lie. that ****s weird.
Reply 17
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
18/2+7 = 16
A little too young.

Where's that rule from? It rings a bell, I swear I've heard it before.
Since you're turning 16 soon i guess it's not that big a deal. But teenagers change a lot very quickly so he is at a very different stage in life to you.
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
18/2+7 = 16
A little too young.

When I'm 90 I'm going to find me a nice 52 year old

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending