The Student Room Group

Medical Unis that accept Resits?!

What medical unis accept resits for GCSEs?
I would really appreciate it if you gave me a list as some do not mention it on their website :smile:
I know that majority or even all don't accept resits for A-levels
I never heard of resists for GCSE'S, but I presume they don't care much about that only because it is never mentionned on their websites. But it would be good to contact your school on this, they will know more than people on Student Room
Reply 2
Original post by RoughWritings
I never heard of resists for GCSE'S, but I presume they don't care much about that only because it is never mentionned on their websites. But it would be good to contact your school on this, they will know more than people on Student Room

Contact my school whether medical uni accept gcse resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elhamm
Contact my school whether medical uni accept gcse resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. You do mean resit exams, not resit years, right? As I don't think they will allow you to resit a year of GCSE, as they don't always allow people that take a year out to redo exams in A Level. Your school will probably know best...but, I'm sorry, I really don't know about it all.
Reply 4
Original post by Elhamm
What medical unis accept resits for GCSEs?
I would really appreciate it if you gave me a list as some do not mention it on their website :smile:
I know that majority or even all don't accept resits for A-levels

You would probably have to contact individual med schools to know about this. It's not a common thing to do and I expect the response will be rather mixed. When med schools use proportion of A/A* (for example) to select people to interview, it's almost certainly based on the idea that it represents how well an applicant did at GCSE age, with GCSE knowledge, with all their GCSE exams more or less happening at once. It's hardly an accurate picture if you resit some GCSEs in Year 12, is it?

They all accept resits for A-levels. They just don't all accept resits for A2 after you've got your A2 results in Year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending