The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
only 1900 ? thats very low! you sure ? i have an interview on the 16th btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apart from that there are 6 MMI stations, is there any other information that Sheffield have given us about the MMI?
Original post by theothetaco
About 1900 applicants

Thanks, I remember that number being mentioned earlier in the thread
Reply 783
Original post by Nerd44
only 1900 ? thats very low! you sure ? i have an interview on the 16th btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have one on the 16th too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who haven't had an interview yet, do you reckon all the MMI stations will be like weird roleplayee ethics stuff or will there be a station testing you on your motivation towards med and drilling you on your personal statement too? There has to be or I feel like I won't get my moneys worth. Plus what color suits are people wearing? AND the interview doesn't say anything about a tour around the campus soooooo is that totally off the table or might there still be one on?
Original post by waterrdrinkerr
People who haven't had an interview yet, do you reckon all the MMI stations will be like weird roleplayee ethics stuff or will there be a station testing you on your motivation towards med and drilling you on your personal statement too? There has to be or I feel like I won't get my moneys worth. Plus what color suits are people wearing? AND the interview doesn't say anything about a tour around the campus soooooo is that totally off the table or might there still be one on?

Okay, so I can't really answer what the interview will be like exactly because I haven't had one but on their website there definitely is a description of what each station will be. Since this is their first year I suspect it will be closer to panel than the extreme MMI places like Leicester have.

What I definitely do know is that the Northern General Hospital where we are having the interview is pretty far from the actual med school (20minutes drive) so that seems unlikely. There will probably be a tour of that building perhaps since it is where a lot of clinical teaching is held. You could go and see the med school afterwards from the outside but I don't know if you would be able to go inside though...

Hope that helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heard from my other 3 but still not heard from Sheffield, anyone else?
Reply 787
Original post by elmothedancer
Heard from my other 3 but still not heard from Sheffield, anyone else?

I'm in the same position..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by teead
I'm in the same position..

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too, three interviews but nothing from sheffield!
Reply 789
Original post by jalwxx

Same.... Hopefully this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jalwxx

Glad I'm not the only one! Maybe their just doing it in waves everyone gets a similar amount of notice about their interview. 3 interviews and one offer :biggrin: is where I am atm.
Reply 792
Hi everyone, I am currently in lowersixth (year 12) and thinking of applying to medicine at Sheffield University in 2016 but I am very worried with my badly GCSEs performance ( as I just came from foreign country with no formal english language but now I have been living in the uk for four years now - don't know if that make any differences). Would I stand a good chance of getting interview with good A levels and great UKCAT?
Original post by Earth1
Hi everyone, I am currently in lowersixth (year 12) and thinking of applying to medicine at Sheffield University in 2016 but I am very worried with my badly GCSEs performance ( as I just came from foreign country with no formal english language but now I have been living in the uk for four years now - don't know if that make any differences). Would I stand a good chance of getting interview with good A levels and great UKCAT?

It depends. You just need to meet the minimum GCSE requirement for Sheffield (6 As) and they won't look at them any further. Same goes for the ukcat. They only need 2600 and then they won't look at it anymore. Same thing for the A-levels. You just need a shining personal statement that exudes well-roundedness
Reply 794
Glad I'm not the only one! Maybe their just doing it in waves everyone gets a similar amount of notice about their interview. 3 interviews and one offer :biggrin: is where I am atm.

Hi, where did you apply for medicine and what GCSEs and As levels grades did you get?
congratulations on your offer ! :smile:
Reply 795
Original post by Inglisred
It depends. You just need to meet the minimum GCSE requirement for Sheffield (6 As) and they won't look at them any further. Same goes for the ukcat. They only need 2600 and then they won't look at it anymore. Same thing for the A-levels. You just need a shining personal statement that exudes well-roundedness

I got 1A* 2D*'s 5A's and 3 B's ( both English and Geography)
Original post by Earth1
I got 1A* 2D*'s 5A's and 3 B's ( both English and Geography)

GCSE requirements

The GCSE requirements for A100 and A104 are the same. You must have:

GCSE passes at grade C or above in Mathematics, English and the Sciences (which may be dual awards).

You should have at least six A grades in GCSE subjects.

The six A grades may include Mathematics, English and the sciences.

Acceptable science GCSEs include: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Sciences (dual awards)

Original post by Earth1
Hi, where did you apply for medicine and what GCSEs and As levels grades did you get?
congratulations on your offer ! :smile:

Thanks, gcses 8 A*, 2 A, as 4 A's. Applied to Newcastle,, Nottingham, (interviews) Birmingham (offer A*AA), Sheffield - as I said, heard nothing :smile:
Are the A levels and GCSE's compulsory for those with a 1st class degree?
Reply 799

Congrats! Yeah I have three interviews so far - one done and one next week and one on the 29th!
Not too bothered if I don't get an interview from Sheffield as hopefully I'll get offers from the others :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending