The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I wonder how long they took to read my PS before rejecting ! told me so late ...middle of January ... So ......
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hogsmeades
Singaporean here (close enough)! Got an interview for Feb 9 :smile:

That was quite mean, he/she just meant to ask if the people who have had interviews could share how it went/their experience, not to fish for questions...

Best of luck!

I haven't heard back from them at all, which makes me super nervous because they haven't rejected me, but do they want me? I don't know, man.
We are being assessed upon arrival, how do u suppose they do that??
Original post by Barcastyleoplay
We are being assessed upon arrival, how do u suppose they do that??

I think they observe how we behave.
Original post by notallargon
Best of luck!

I haven't heard back from them at all, which makes me super nervous because they haven't rejected me, but do they want me? I don't know, man.

Hmm, all the best! No news is still good news!
Original post by Inglisred
I think they observe how we behave.

Who does?
Original post by Barcastyleoplay
Who does?

Whoever's around (like the person sitting at the front desk). I think they're just telling us not to draw negative attention to ourselves and be polite.
Does anyone know if there will be a second round of interviews? I'm worried that I haven't received anything from them, not even a rejection, considering the interviews for my country are next week and the website doesn't seem to imply that there will be a second round.

I'm worried that my AS certifications may be an issue? I only obtained my AS grades this past Wednesday, and I did not have them at the point of application. At the point of application my counsellor informed me that this wouldn't have been an issue, but I'm starting to think that she was ill-informed.

I guess I should consider my application void at this point. Hm.
Reply 988
Does anyone know if there will be a second round of interviews? I'm worried that I haven't received anything from them, not even a rejection, considering the interviews for my country are next week and the website doesn't seem to imply that there will be a second round.

I'm worried that my AS certifications may be an issue? I only obtained my AS grades this past Wednesday, and I did not have them at the point of application. At the point of application my counsellor informed me that this wouldn't have been an issue, but I'm starting to think that she was ill-informed.

I guess I should consider my application void at this point. Hm.

I too have just received my AS results this past wednesday. Was invited for interview on Monday anyway. I'm an international too. I'd suggest you drop them an email.
Original post by TJLJT
I too have just received my AS results this past wednesday. Was invited for interview on Monday anyway. I'm an international too. I'd suggest you drop them an email.

I wrote an e-mail asking them if my application was voided by the AS results thing. I didn't ask about the lack of response, though. Best of luck for your interview!
Just dropped them an email, though it'll probably be no good. Any response I get will be too late considering interviews commence on Monday. I did note before the UCAS server went down that they did NOT reject my application. Not sure what this means, but there's literally nothing I can do anymore at this point until Monday.
Unasked for advice from a 2nd year med student at Sheffield:

We're a friendly bunch; relax. And remember, you love dissection and histology.

Good luck.
Reply 992
Just dropped them an email, though it'll probably be no good. Any response I get will be too late considering interviews commence on Monday. I did note before the UCAS server went down that they did NOT reject my application. Not sure what this means, but there's literally nothing I can do anymore at this point until Monday.

i am also in the same situation as you are :frown: I have sent them an email too but no reply yet. This is getting frustrating :frown:
Original post by claxxxr
i am also in the same situation as you are :frown: I have sent them an email too but no reply yet. This is getting frustrating :frown:

Oh god, you have no idea how nice it is to have someone in the same boat! I mean, it's awful for both of us, but it's nice to have the company. I called the lady in charge of the SEA office today and gave her my name and UCAS ID. She said she would check with the relevant department, though I forgot to ask her when I might expect a reply. I might telephone Sheffield UK in a couple of hours.

Hope it turns out OK for the both of us.
This is the first year sheffield are doing MMI right? Anyone have a legitimate source of the interview to offer ratios because some of the ones posted on the tsr are clearly wrong (like the Kings one) based on university websites and prospectuses.
Anyone else have an interview on the 19th (last Monday)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picnmix
Anyone else have an interview on the 19th (last Monday)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I did. Take it you did too - how did it go? I quite enjoyed mine (first MMI) however I could've done better on the first couple of stations but think that was down to nerves :colondollar:
Original post by kittymitch
Yes, I did. Take it you did too - how did it go? I quite enjoyed mine (first MMI) however I could've done better on the first couple of stations but think that was down to nerves :colondollar:

Hey - I did :wink: it didn't go too amazingly actually. I thought it was quite intense for an MMI - there was quite a lot of questions and a couple that threw me completely! I just don't know how I did at all...:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
How long after an interview do Sheffield generally take to reply?
Original post by Dabz786
How long after an interview do Sheffield generally take to reply?

At my interview they told us they would hand it out offers once all interviews are done in March :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending