The Student Room Group

My friends breath smells really really bad

I joined uni a couple of days ago and as there are no other guys from my home country I made a friend from a sister country.i met him day before and his breath has smelt like poop mixed with vomit for the last three meets.today I was with a couple of girls and they kept shying away as this guy was with me and his breath was just hard to bear.out of the three girls ,two of them had pretty bad breath too but it was tolerable .what should I do ?out of the four ,three have become pretty good friends and they are my first friends in college.i don't have the tenacity to bear this everyday
Original post by Anonymous
I joined uni a couple of days ago and as there are no other guys from my home country I made a friend from a sister country.i met him day before and his breath has smelt like poop mixed with vomit for the last three meets.today I was with a couple of girls and they kept shying away as this guy was with me and his breath was just hard to bear.out of the three girls ,two of them had pretty bad breath too but it was tolerable .what should I do ?out of the four ,three have become pretty good friends and they are my first friends in college.i don't have the tenacity to bear this everyday

Carry gum with you at all times prepare yourself or you can tell him straight up about his breath. It would probably benefit him in the long run. If nobody complains then he will never know!
Bear it or tell him.

He needs to know - it's very awkward since you barely know him, but it would be worse for him if you just stop being his friend and he doesn't know why. His reaction will depend on his character (a good reaction is a sign of an intelligent person), but he should thank you in the long run.

There are nice and sensitive ways to say anything, and it is a sensitive subject, so just do it gently, with plenty of compliments (you don't want to ruin his self confidence, but remember that leaving without being honest could be worse for him).

Alternatively, offer him dental chewing gum.
Reply 3
Every time he opens his mouth throw a tictac in. Not only does it help his breath, it improves your aim.
Offer her chewing gums... I am sure sge will get the hint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gum, Extra Strong Polo's? If you are gonna tell him up front, do it when your alone. It's much better coming from someone who's trying to help him than getting it from someone who will be much more blunt about it in a much more horrible way. It will benefit him in the long run :smile:
Tell him to stop eating dog ****?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending