The Student Room Group

Opinions of this girl

If you were sitting on a cafe table, talking to a stranger that you found physically attractive, and then you did something "embarrassing" - such as a small piece of cheese falling out of your sandwich, how would you react and why? Would it be different if you didn't find the guy physically attractive?

This was the first time we had a conversation with each other: We were having a very good conversation - she didn't seem shy at all. When the cheese did fall out of her sandwich, she started sweeping it off the table, with her hands, while making a quiet (but audible) sound that wasn't laughter; I didn't even notice the cheese until she did that. I then asked her "Hey, what's that?", in a joking manner, and her reply was "I was trying to hide it from you" (while looking down on the table in a shy manner).
stop overthinking. jeez, what a stupid post.
Reply 2
Original post by Afghan Warrior
stop overthinking. jeez, what a stupid post.

We are no longer friends, so I am asking this because I want to see how common it is.
Original post by Anonymous
We are no longer friends, so I am asking this because I want to see how common it is.

In the OP it says you were strangers?
Reply 4
Original post by Afghan Warrior
In the OP it says you were strangers?

We became friends after that, but now we are no longer friends. I am asking this question for a specific reason. I want to hear opinions about the behaviour.
Original post by Anonymous
We became friends after that, but now we are no longer friends. I am asking this question for a specific reason. I want to hear opinions about the behaviour.

Personally i dont think cheese falling out of a sandwich is regarded as embarrassing. What I'd do is leave it how it fell and continue eating.

Some girls however get shy and will find it embarrassing but i guess it's different to who the other person is that she's with. If you're physically attractive in her eyes, she might've just done that because she was shy and didn't want to give off a bad impression, i.e. she wanted things to run smoothly.

It's not really something you should think about too much, the behaviour is normal with some type of girls. It's not odd behaviour not is it something you should worry about.
She's just a genuine, quiet girl, I suppose?
Do not overthink about certain matters similar to this, it'll drive you insane.
Reply 7
Original post by inachigeek21
She's just a genuine, quiet girl, I suppose?
Do not overthink about certain matters similar to this, it'll drive you insane.

She's definitely a quiet girl. I just found it weird how she interacted.
Reply 8
Okay, if it is true that she acted that way because she may have found me attractive, does it explain why she didn't want us to be friends despite us getting on well together (only acquaintances)? Does it explain why she got mad when I told her that I flirt a lot with girls? She has a boyfriend, btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending