The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

As UCAS applications open soon, thought I would start a new thread for those of us applying to study physiotherapy beginning September 2015 :smile:

Here's the physiotherapy connect/stalking page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellenafarrow14
Thought I would start a new thread for those of us applying to study physiotherapy beginning September 2015 :smile:

This is great! What universities are you thinking of applying to?
Heya! Im applying to Sheffield Hallam, Man met, Teesside, Northumbria and Brighton :smile: you?
I'm keen on staying in London (or the outskirts), but understand it's a lot more competitive. I'm willing to take a small gamble, though. However... Brunel, King's College London, Hertfordshire, Southampton, so far. I considered Essex, but they only offer the course part-time.
Original post by NishaaaR
I'm keen on staying in London (or the outskirts), but understand it's a lot more competitive. I'm willing to take a small gamble, though. However... Brunel, King's College London, Hertfordshire, Southampton, so far. I considered Essex, but they only offer the course part-time.

Ahh Brunel is very nice, I had an interview there this year (although their interview process is strange, its just a group game basically!) Ive just done a first degree so Im looking at Essex but for the graduate entry route
I'm applying for 2015 entry physiotherapy and applying to: Birmingham, Bournemouth, Nottingham, Plymouth and Southampton! I can't wait for this time next year (hopefully I'll get at least one offer :wink:)
Ahh Brunel is very nice, I had an interview there this year (although their interview process is strange, its just a group game basically!) Ive just done a first degree so Im looking at Essex but for the graduate entry route

Yes, it's great. I've visited and fell in love with the track there. They rejected me 3 years ago for a different course, but I'm going to give it another go. That's pretty good. What degree did you just complete? :smile:

Original post by shrublemaker
I'm applying for 2015 entry physiotherapy and applying to: Birmingham, Bournemouth, Nottingham, Plymouth and Southampton! I can't wait for this time next year (hopefully I'll get at least one offer :wink:)

Great choices! I've heard it's quite competitive - one offer is better than nothing!
Reply 7
I'm applying for 2015 at (could easily change): Cardiff, Brighton, UWE, Coventry & Hertfordshire. My A-level results should be okay but I'm worried I haven't got enough experience. So far, I have completed a placement for 2 days in NHS and I will be a registered volunteer in orthopaedics (also NHS) this time next month once my DBS is sorted. My work placement was quite intense and I covered a lot of areas in a short space of time and I feel like I've experienced quite a lot already which is good for my PS. Still a bit worried it might not be enough but I'm looking for other placements that I can get within the next two months :smile: Anyone else applying at the same places I am?
Reply 8
Original post by Goomy
I'm applying for 2015 at (could easily change): Cardiff, Brighton, UWE, Coventry & Hertfordshire. My A-level results should be okay but I'm worried I haven't got enough experience. So far, I have completed a placement for 2 days in NHS and I will be a registered volunteer in orthopaedics (also NHS) this time next month once my DBS is sorted. My work placement was quite intense and I covered a lot of areas in a short space of time and I feel like I've experienced quite a lot already which is good for my PS. Still a bit worried it might not be enough but I'm looking for other placements that I can get within the next two months :smile: Anyone else applying at the same places I am?

Hi, I'll be applying for Hertfordshire too :smile:. I think I'm in the same situation as you in terms of meeting the grade boundaries but not enough work experience. Also, you mentioned about the DBS, do you need to sort it out this early????
Reply 9
Original post by N.Choi
Hi, I'll be applying for Hertfordshire too :smile:. I think I'm in the same situation as you in terms of meeting the grade boundaries but not enough work experience. Also, you mentioned about the DBS, do you need to sort it out this early????

Have you been around there yet? It's not one of my first choices so I don't know too much about it! :frown: DBS usually takes 3-4 weeks apparently and I didn't need it for work experience, only for voluntary work. You have to do one if you get accepted for physio I think but that will come much later :smile: Do you have any experience already?
Reply 10
Original post by Goomy
Have you been around there yet? It's not one of my first choices so I don't know too much about it! :frown: DBS usually takes 3-4 weeks apparently and I didn't need it for work experience, only for voluntary work. You have to do one if you get accepted for physio I think but that will come much later :smile: Do you have any experience already?

Nope I haven't been to Hertfordshire yet, but I will be ordering prospectuses. Also, I'll be going to an open day next week to SGUL to see what the course is like :smile:. In terms of work experience, I spent a couple of weeks in a physio and pilates clinic. Btw, what A-level subjects are you taking???
Original post by Goomy

Yeah don't panic about DBS that's months away and the uni will help you sort it. I had to have one for my current job and it only took a couple of weeks to get sorted :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by N.Choi
Nope I haven't been to Hertfordshire yet, but I will be ordering prospectuses. Also, I'll be going to an open day next week to SGUL to see what the course is like :smile:. In terms of work experience, I spent a couple of weeks in a physio and pilates clinic. Btw, what A-level subjects are you taking???

Ah I'm going to Cardiff next week for the same reason really :smile: A couple of weeks is more than I have (2 days) so you'll be fine, that's why i'm doing voluntary work as well! I do biology, psychology and modern history, how about you?
Hi, I'm applying for physio in 2015 and I take A-levels; P.E, Psychology and Biology. Got AAC in that order at AS. Predicted AAB as I was a few marks short of the B in Biology. My problem is experience, I have shadowed a physio in a private physio clinic 8 hours altogether and am doing voluntary work in a housing association 3 hours a week that provide housing for mentally ill people which relates to the neurological side of physiotherapy doesn't it?
I have a dilemma when choosing the uni's to apply to. I want to pick 2 ABB uni's and 3 AAB uni's. So far I am decided on Liverpool (ABB), Birmingham (AAB), Nottingham (AAB) Brunel (AAB) but not sure on another ABB. I was thinking Keele? anyone been to Keele's open day? because that's the only one I haven't been to.
Original post by NaturallyDumbKid
Hi, I'm applying for physio in 2015 and I take A-levels; P.E, Psychology and Biology. Got AAC in that order at AS. Predicted AAB as I was a few marks short of the B in Biology. My problem is experience, I have shadowed a physio in a private physio clinic 8 hours altogether and am doing voluntary work in a housing association 3 hours a week that provide housing for mentally ill people which relates to the neurological side of physiotherapy doesn't it?
I have a dilemma when choosing the uni's to apply to. I want to pick 2 ABB uni's and 3 AAB uni's. So far I am decided on Liverpool (ABB), Birmingham (AAB), Nottingham (AAB) Brunel (AAB) but not sure on another ABB. I was thinking Keele? anyone been to Keele's open day? because that's the only one I haven't been to.

I've just done a degree at Keele! It wasn't physio obviously but the actual uni as a whole is amazing, I absolutely loved every minute of my 3 years there and wouldn't change it for anything. The campus is beautiful. I have some friends that did physio there and they love it, the hospital nearby is a great one and quite new, Keele has a great reputation for physio now :smile:
I've just done a degree at Keele! It wasn't physio obviously but the actual uni as a whole is amazing, I absolutely loved every minute of my 3 years there and wouldn't change it for anything. The campus is beautiful. I have some friends that did physio there and they love it, the hospital nearby is a great one and quite new, Keele has a great reputation for physio now :smile:

Thank you very much for the reply. Glad you liked it. Yes, it has a superb reputation for physio. Can I ask where you lived before you went Keele? and what did you study?
Original post by NaturallyDumbKid
Thank you very much for the reply. Glad you liked it. Yes, it has a superb reputation for physio. Can I ask where you lived before you went Keele? and what did you study?

I live in wiltshire so it's 2 and a half hours to Keele. I studied biomedical science
I live in wiltshire so it's 2 and a half hours to Keele. I studied biomedical science

Ah I see. Well thanks, I will take your experience into consideration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Goomy
Ah I'm going to Cardiff next week for the same reason really :smile: A couple of weeks is more than I have (2 days) so you'll be fine, that's why i'm doing voluntary work as well! I do biology, psychology and modern history, how about you?

Cardiff should be good to look at because I think it's ranked top 5 for physio. the subjects which I'm studying at A2 are Maths, PE and Biology. Good luck for your studies :smile:
Hey, guys, I really wanted to apply for physiotherapy this year but I took History, Biology and Maths and got a BCC respectively at AS level. I'm getting predicted BCC for my A2. Is there any point applying this year? And I realise physio is highly competitive but I was wondering if I got higher, would it be possible to go through adjustment?

Quick Reply

Latest