The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Bachelor at UClan : selection and workload (mature student)

Hi
I'm a mature student with 3 children, and I would like to become a physiotherapist (I am currently a MFL teacher). I was wondering if I could be accepted at UClan, I have a literature degree but I trained as a nurse in the past (I had to stop half way through my studies). Is it a highly competitve selection process (lots of applications for a few places) ?
What would be a typical week of study at Uclan ? (numbers of days at uni vs number of days working from home). Is the workload manageable for a parent ?
If someone has more information about the content of the course and the timetable that would be great.
Thank you
Original post by Sarahsev
Hi
I'm a mature student with 3 children, and I would like to become a physiotherapist (I am currently a MFL teacher). I was wondering if I could be accepted at UClan, I have a literature degree but I trained as a nurse in the past (I had to stop half way through my studies). Is it a highly competitve selection process (lots of applications for a few places) ?
What would be a typical week of study at Uclan ? (numbers of days at uni vs number of days working from home). Is the workload manageable for a parent ?
If someone has more information about the content of the course and the timetable that would be great.
Thank you
HI @Sarahsev,

Brilliant to see that you are interested in studying here at UCLan! 😊

I would love to help you with this, I believe I've responded to one of your messages on another thread. I have reached out to one of our Physiotherapy lecturers who is happy to discuss our BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy course in more detail for you and answer any questions you have about the course structure and what a typical week is like for students here at the university. If you are happy to send us over your email address through private message, I can get this sent over to the lecturer who will be in touch. We have many mature students studying here at the university and I know that there have been multiple students with children who have completed our physiotherapy course.

I can see that you are looking for information about our entry requirements for this course, our course page linked here offers guidance on modules and the qualifications you would need to be considered for this course. If you are unsure if you meet these entry requirements and would like to discuss your options, you are welcome to contact our course enquiries team who will be able to support with this. You can email the team at [email protected] or you can call them on +44 (0)1772 892400.

Do let me know if you have any question. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending