The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lushmoo
Hi, I've just been offered an interview for Keele!
I've been told that they will interview me with two stations asking different types of questions, do you know what these are?
also, as I didn't go to the open day, what does Keele offer that is unique to its course etc in reply to the question, 'why keele?'
any other useful tips would be much appreciated
thanks in advance :smile:

the interview is set up into two work stations. The first was divided into two parts. The first part they gave us the 6 C's of health care, compassion , care, courage, competence, communication & commitment. I was asked to choose what I thought were the two most important and explain why. Remember there is no right or wrong answer you just have to explain why you chose the two. I then was asked to talk about my time on work placement or experience (they will have your personal statement to hand and will refer to what you have written so make sure you know what's on there). That's all I remember from the first station. The second station they explained a case scenario where I was a student physio on placement in neurological physiotherapy and an 18 year old boy had sustained head injuries and as a result was neurologically defected. I'm taking the boy to the bathroom when he becomes aggressive and abusive towards me. What do I do? The second part of the second station was explain a situation where you've had to work with someone or group of people who you don't like or get on with.

I can't really help you with your second question just be honest and say why you chose keele. I'm sure you picked it because of its high reputation as we are the best physio school in England and second best in UK so you can say that. Also we have incredible facilities such as the anatomy suite where we are able to view dissections of real life cadavers (bodies donated to science) which is a great way to learn and not many institutes in the country have access to.

The keele interview was very quick, formal and intimidating all in one (you'll see what I mean) but don't be scared they just want to see you are a friendly character with the relevant knowledge to act appropriately in a range of circumstances. Just remember there are around 15 other people who also are applying for the one space you are after (they remind us of this all the time lol) so stand out. Good luck
Hello, help, I have Birmingham interview tomorrow,if you get this can you please tell me what is the pre interview task like? Already had 2 rejections so getting desperate....

Thank you!
Reply 382
Original post by J010495J
the interview is set up into two work stations. The first was divided into two parts. The first part they gave us the 6 C's of health care, compassion , care, courage, competence, communication & commitment. I was asked to choose what I thought were the two most important and explain why. Remember there is no right or wrong answer you just have to explain why you chose the two. I then was asked to talk about my time on work placement or experience (they will have your personal statement to hand and will refer to what you have written so make sure you know what's on there). That's all I remember from the first station. The second station they explained a case scenario where I was a student physio on placement in neurological physiotherapy and an 18 year old boy had sustained head injuries and as a result was neurologically defected. I'm taking the boy to the bathroom when he becomes aggressive and abusive towards me. What do I do? The second part of the second station was explain a situation where you've had to work with someone or group of people who you don't like or get on with.

I can't really help you with your second question just be honest and say why you chose keele. I'm sure you picked it because of its high reputation as we are the best physio school in England and second best in UK so you can say that. Also we have incredible facilities such as the anatomy suite where we are able to view dissections of real life cadavers (bodies donated to science) which is a great way to learn and not many institutes in the country have access to.

The keele interview was very quick, formal and intimidating all in one (you'll see what I mean) but don't be scared they just want to see you are a friendly character with the relevant knowledge to act appropriately in a range of circumstances. Just remember there are around 15 other people who also are applying for the one space you are after (they remind us of this all the time lol) so stand out. Good luck

Thank you very much! very useful :smile:
So today I got an Email back from UEA that says they have considered my application, but will respond in January after the deadline...

Does this mean my application is more likely not to be accepted?

Thanks
Original post by ZoeLouise15
So today I got an Email back from UEA that says they have considered my application, but will respond in January after the deadline...

Does this mean my application is more likely not to be accepted?

Thanks

I have applied to UEA as well and they gave the same response to me. I think they are not inviting people to interview until they've received all the applications in the deadline in Jan
Original post by claudeeemhk
I have applied to UEA as well and they gave the same response to me. I think they are not inviting people to interview until they've received all the applications in the deadline in Jan

Some people already have been invited to interview for uea. I would assume that email means you're not rejected, but are not in their "definitely interview" pile and they will make a decision once they have all applications in to consider

What did you get in AS Last year? and What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

And ah okay - Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
Some people already have been invited to interview for uea. I would assume that email means you're not rejected, but are not in their "definitely interview" pile and they will make a decision once they have all applications in to consider

Ah okay. Hopefully I will get an interview. I really want to go to UEA.
Original post by ZoeLouise15
What did you get in AS Last year? and What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

And ah okay - Thank you :biggrin:

Hopefully we will be getting an interview on Jan :/
I got 3a1b in my AS and was predicted A*AAA for a levels
Has anyone got invitations to interview for Cardiff yet :O?
They have only sent me an email telling me the dates that they will be holding interviews. :s-smilie:
Are all applicants on a "level playing field" at the interview stage?
Original post by TopPhysio
Are all applicants on a "level playing field" at the interview stage?

In terms of the actual interview, yes. But a lot of places eg teesside, score you on interview, score your personal statement etc and then select those for offers who have scored the highest when all areas are combined
Hopefully we will be getting an interview on Jan :/
I got 3a1b in my AS and was predicted A*AAA for a levels

Oh Wow...Well done :biggrin:
Reply 393
Original post by sf13fordj
Hello, help, I have Birmingham interview tomorrow,if you get this can you please tell me what is the pre interview task like? Already had 2 rejections so getting desperate....

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else got an interview for Bristol in January
Original post by Trouble234
Anyone else got an interview for Bristol in January

Me! Got offered today. Jan 7th
Original post by Tillie23
Me! Got offered today. Jan 7th

Same! do you know if they interview everyone or shortlist first?
Original post by Trouble234
Same! do you know if they interview everyone or shortlist first?

It says on their Physio page that the applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to a 20 minute interview so I guess that's a good sign!
Original post by J010495J
Hi I am a first year physiotherapy student at Keele university (1st in England 2nd in UK). Feel free to ask any questions regarding the application or interview processes I'm happy to help!

Hiya, i have an interview at Keele in December, how did you find your interview?
Original post by Lizzieh1997
Hiya, i have an interview at Keele in December, how did you find your interview?

Hi what time and date is your interview?

Mine obviously went well but it was very quick and formal compared to other interviews and I was being timed so it felt like I had to rush but just compose yourself and take your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending