The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by shrublemaker
I just got an offer from Birmingham! :smile:

Me too! Only just read my email....so relieved!!
Reply 581
Original post by GeorgiaPhysio
Hello,

I just thought I would tell my story in case someone else has or has had the same problem.

I was rejected by Brighton uni a couple of weeks ago. They said that I didn't meet the requirements for this course but the thing is I DO...

So my adviser called them and it turns out they had misread my ucas form and thought I hadn't done any biology. SO they reconsidered my application and I have been invited for an interview in January!

So If something similar happens to you, do call them because they do make mistakes !!

I'm still waiting from Kings, Birmingham, Oxford Brookes and Glasgow Caldedonian but I think most people haven't heard from those unis yet ?

Good luck !

Well done! I thought Liverpool had made a mistake when they rejected me but turns out they hadn't! Good luck!
Reply 582
Original post by rhiaaan7
Got a interview for UEA coming up next Wednesday... anyone else have the same? Or does anyone have any tips?!

I have the same next Weds. But no tips...
Reply 583
Original post by sf13fordj
Got an interview at Nottingham on 15th!! Anyone else?!

Me!! 11am.
They offered me an interview around 2 weeks after my application and then it's been 8 days since my interview, there's a pre-interview task too :smile: Thank you :smile:

:smile: did you find the interview hard? are you doing an access course?
Original post by HayBF123
Has anyone heard from Kings at all yet?? I've got an interview for Brighton (10th dec), St George's(21st jan) and brunel (28th jan) anyone else? And also has anyone else got a offer for hertfordshire?! Thanks!!

I haven't heard anything from kings accept that they got my application.
Can anyone tell me the structure of Brighton Interviews? Are they MMI's ?

Thanks
Original post by IzzFizz
Me too! Only just read my email....so relieved!!

Awww that's wonderful news, congratulations!!! :smile:
Original post by UNI Nurse23
:smile: did you find the interview hard? are you doing an access course?

I felt like the interview didn't go too well as I was really nervous! No I'm actually doing A levels at the moment :smile:
Original post by ZoeLouise15
Can anyone tell me the structure of Brighton Interviews? Are they MMI's ?

Thanks

Brighton was a tour and a talk to begin with, after that there's individual interviews that last around 15 minutes with either a lecturer or clinician :smile: Hope that helped :smile:
Original post by IzzFizz
Me!! 11am.

Just out of interest when did you apply? Nottingham was my first choice and I've heard nothing yet! :smile:
Original post by IzzFizz
Me!! 11am.

Good luck! Mine is at 2pm! So happy they got back to me, I read somewhere that they didn't start interviewing until January, we must be the chosen one's.....😏
I felt like the interview didn't go too well as I was really nervous! No I'm actually doing A levels at the moment :smile:

I am defiantly a bunch of nerves when It comes to interviews I don't understand the task to be honest do they send an email about it?
Original post by UNI Nurse23
I am defiantly a bunch of nerves when It comes to interviews I don't understand the task to be honest do they send an email about it?

I don't really want to say that much because it would be a disadvantage to some but in the email they send about an interview they mention a little about the task :smile:
I don't really want to say that much because it would be a disadvantage to some but in the email they send about an interview they mention a little about the task :smile:

No that's all I wanted to know so If I get an email I can prepare myself for it thank you :smile:
Reply 595
I have an interview at Coventry on 13th December, has anyone else?
Brighton was a tour and a talk to begin with, after that there's individual interviews that last around 15 minutes with either a lecturer or clinician :smile: Hope that helped :smile:

Do they ask any Scenario questions? or is it just General questions about the profession?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by ZoeLouise15
Do they ask any Scenario questions? or is it just General questions about the profession?

Thank you :smile:

depends on your interviewer there are no set questions
Can anyone lend advice for the interview and how to prepare?
Original post by nivek11
Can anyone lend advice for the interview and how to prepare?

I've only had one interview but I know that everyone has told me (even on work experience) that they're not trying to trick you out. They've given you an interview for a reason so just show them your enthusiasm for Physio. I think if you over prepare then it could come across a little too rehearsed so just smile and be yourself. The only prep I can suggest would be to make sure you've read your personal statement thoroughly and maybe think of how you would respond to certain situations (ethic sorts of questions and stressful situations) Maybe read the csp and hcpc website to see current issues in the NHS. Don't stress because they just want to know that they're picking the right people for the job and that you haven't just written a load of crap on your PS :smile: I hope that helped. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending