The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything from Cumbria for physio? Had an interview on the 17/12/14
Original post by MIKEAKKO
Has anyone heard anything from Cumbria for physio? Had an interview on the 17/12/14

I had my Cumbria interview on the 17th as well and haven't heard anything. In my individual interview they told me if you were definitely accepted or rejected you'd know in the next few days but if you're in the middle they won't let you know until March time
Original post by jellyman007
hi im at notts doing physio, just be prepared to say why nottingham, and why physio, and the reflective task is just talking about something thats happened to you in the past so they can find out what type of person you are :smile:

Hi, I have had an interview at Nottingham just before Christmas. How long does it take to hear from them?
Original post by jellyman007
hi im at notts doing physio, just be prepared to say why nottingham, and why physio, and the reflective task is just talking about something thats happened to you in the past so they can find out what type of person you are :smile:

Thank you so much, that's really helpful and put my mind at rest somewhat! Can I just ask, what kind of experience in the past do they want to know about??
Heads up, guys: I've just been going through my offer letter requirements and for our course, we need a completed Hepatitis B vaccination course and BCG vaccination too (as well as the MMR and other routine vaccinations). The HepB and BCG are only given if you're a specifically at-risk group so I certainly don't have them, and I've been making some calls and they're not very easy to get hold of either... so though I know there's not that many offers made yet, maybe look into it now.

I was going to leave this all til May but it turns out I need to have had 2 of the HepB injections by June and my BCG too. So just something to think about.
Original post by Jess!ca
I'm about to write my personal statement for the February deadline, I've been so busy with my dissertation for my current degree I'm only just getting round to it! I haven't been to see any uni's either. I'm currently at Oxford Brookes, but their Physio course isn't NHS funded apparently? Lovely Uni though!

I want to commute from London, so what uni's do people recommend to apply to? Thanks!

Are you certain that the BSc at Oxford Brookes is not funded by the NHS? That wasn't my understanding when I went to their open day.
Original post by Greenmedicmum
Are you certain that the BSc at Oxford Brookes is not funded by the NHS? That wasn't my understanding when I went to their open day.

Their BSc is definitely funded, it's yhe MSc pre reg that isn't
Original post by Loopy-Lottie
Heads up, guys: I've just been going through my offer letter requirements and for our course, we need a completed Hepatitis B vaccination course and BCG vaccination too (as well as the MMR and other routine vaccinations). The HepB and BCG are only given if you're a specifically at-risk group so I certainly don't have them, and I've been making some calls and they're not very easy to get hold of either... so though I know there's not that many offers made yet, maybe look into it now.

I was going to leave this all til May but it turns out I need to have had 2 of the HepB injections by June and my BCG too. So just something to think about.

In addition to this, the 2 hep B ones are a month apart, I've just finished my hep B and BCG vaccines as I'm working in a hospital, but I know a fair few unis organise the vaccines for you, they don't all expect you to sort it out yourself, so just look into the unis you will be going to and make sure you know what they expect so you're not caught out :smile:
Reply 788
Hey
Has anyone heard anything from Leeds Beckett?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I have some tips on how to do well in the Coventry interview and what to expect. I'll be having a Skype interview so I'm not sure if they'll have the same type of questions compared to actually going to the university for the interview
Had the Nottingham interview today and it was actually pretty good! Out of the four I've had, it might be the best, maybe drawing with Birmingham?

I forgot to ask when they'll get back to us though... I have a strong suspicion that it'll be early March like Cardiff and YSJ, can anyone confirm this?
Reply 791
Does anyone one have an interview at Liverpool on the 28th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to Bournemouth on the 21st??
Reply 793
Original post by hiw123
Hey
Has anyone heard anything from Leeds Beckett?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope nothing yet but they said they wouldn't let us know until after the deadline... you know they don't interview right? also, they just pick their candidates randomly out of the ones they like so i'm not too worried if i don't get in haha
Original post by Celineee
Can I have some tips on how to do well in the Coventry interview and what to expect. I'll be having a Skype interview so I'm not sure if they'll have the same type of questions compared to actually going to the university for the interview

Hi Celine, here are our top interview tips as created by our post-grad student Josh. They are written for interviews on campus but most of the advice would be for Skype interviews too :smile:
Hope this helps!
^Elizabeth
Had the Nottingham interview today and it was actually pretty good! Out of the four I've had, it might be the best, maybe drawing with Birmingham?

I forgot to ask when they'll get back to us though... I have a strong suspicion that it'll be early March like Cardiff and YSJ, can anyone confirm this?

I'll ask them today for you :smile:
Reply 796

its end of Feb early March :frown: the woman who interviewed me said everyone will find out at the same time around then as they always want to send them at out at the same time
Original post by elliemargrave
I'll ask them today for you :smile:

Original post by 1sabel
its end of Feb early March :frown: the woman who interviewed me said everyone will find out at the same time around then as they always want to send them at out at the same time

ahh thank you so much, this is super helpful! and... damn. Looks like I'm getting absolutely no decisions til then! Thanks so much :smile:
Original post by Cov Uni
Hi Celine, here are our top interview tips as created by our post-grad student Josh. They are written for interviews on campus but most of the advice would be for Skype interviews too :smile:
Hope this helps!
^Elizabeth

Thank you!!
Anyone heard back from UEA post interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending