The Student Room Group

Should i resit my AS year or resit all AS units during my A2 year?

Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got EEEC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell. My friends got DDDC and are carrying on resitting all the units with the A2 year. Is that better idea?? They say if they mess up they can resit A2 again because thats harder.

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this

T
(edited 9 years ago)
Resit AS because you know the content and just make sure you revise throughout the year. You would stress less and secondly those grades wouldn't be used as your predicted grades. The grades you get next year would be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thankyou!! What are your views on resitting all units with the A2 year
Original post by Nimmy666
Thankyou!! What are your views on resitting all units with the A2 year

I think it would be way too much work and it would affect your mental health being if you do them all. And if you fail next year then you would have those A level grades for life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh good advice! Thanks. However i thought you could resit The A2 year?

Yeah you could.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

It is far less common most sixth forms allow you to resit A2 exams but not the year and also what happens if you don't improve on your AS grades. Then u will be sitting all your exams again the year after.
Reply 7
Thanks.. Good to keep that in mind
Reply 8
If you struggled quite a bit this year, it's only gonna get harder at A2 so you might be best just making sure you're completely fine with the AS stuff before you move onto A2, so it'd probably be best redoing the AS year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest