The Student Room Group

Help!? Should i resit AS level year or resit all AS units with A2?

Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got EEEC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell. My friends got DDDC and are carrying on resitting all the units with the A2 year. Is that better idea?? They say if they mess up they can resit A2 again because thats harder.

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this
I was in your position two years ago :smile: I came out of my AS's with UUUD, and can honestly say that resiting the entire year was the best decision I've ever made. This year I came out with BBCD at A2, but was predicted AABC; this definitely wouldn't have been possible without spending the time to up my AS's significantly. Now there are no January exams, you need to consider whether you'll actually be able to revise for that many exams successfully, as well as the fact that A2 is a significant jump up from AS. Would you rather have a solid base of knowledge before tackling the harder exams?

University's genuinely look past the fact that you've redone a year as long as your sixth form, as long as reasons are given in your reference from sixth form/college, so don't worry about getting offers or anything like that; as long as you're truthful about it and can show that you've changed they'll see it as a strength. I got offers from three red bricks, and two poly's, if that's any reassurance. However, my sixth form made clear that uni's did not look so fondly on those who resat A2 exams, as they viewed it as doing your a levels in 'two sittings'.

That's just my experience of being in your situation; ultimately its up to you. Either way, good luck with your studies!
Reply 2
Wow thankyou that helped. Yes im going to resit my AS year. Think its for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending