The Student Room Group

Open University instead of Access Course

Hi,

I was going to do an access course this year, but the the way the course is timetabled isn't very flexible. I also don't like the fact that it's over a full year rather than, say, six months.

I already have one A-level in Biology and was planning to do a second A-level this year in Spanish. Universities that I've looked at all ask for three full A-levels or an Access Course and they don't seem to accept any other combinations. I wondered whether there's any alternative to doing this?

Could I do a couple of Open University modules? Would that be acceptable in addition to the A-levels?
Yes, but not all universities accept OU modules and those that do will have different admission requirements (for example, some places might only require 60 credits at level 1, whereas others want 120 credits at level 1). You should ideally research what degree you want to do , where you want to do it and whether or not that university accepts OU credits before you sign up for an OU course, otherwise you might be disappointed.

What do you want to study and where were you thinking of going? I can tell you that I applied to UCL, Edinburgh, Royal Holloway and Aberdeen with OU credits and they all accepted me.
Reply 2
Original post by Samual
What do you want to study and where were you thinking of going? I can tell you that I applied to UCL, Edinburgh, Royal Holloway and Aberdeen with OU credits and they all accepted me.

I'd like to study law, preferably at SOAS, but I do have a couple of other universities in mind.
You could always call SOAS and see what they say? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending