Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do, i'm still in the pile waiting to be allocated. :rolleyes:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Ditto. I have no idea where I'll be. The whole thing is making me nervous now.

Also, there's a Biosciences thread further down, and there's a few of us not necessarily doing Biochem, but certainly in a similar subject area. You should go introduce yourself down there. :smile:
count me in! and other intl students also have no clue!
Reply 4
hey its mena b reali hard! ma cousins doin phd in chem at bham.. i think she will be doin demenstrations 4 ur degree wen u need em? like i dno.. bt wen ppl need help on.. chemicals? i dnoooooooo.. aint to bright with all this science stuff
Reply 5
oh my god....i need to do my visa!!!! :eek: and i dont have long left before i have to leave for england because of freshers week starting on the 25th sept right? and the visa takes FOREVER!!!! :frown: are all you guys going to that freshers week?

do any of you know anything about this freshers fest and this 14 nights thing? ive seen many threads about it...but still have NO clue whats it all about! looks like fun though :biggrin:
lol have u actually read the other threads about it???

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=275145 then scroll down to my post (3rd post down) - theres stuff on freshers fest, and the link takes u to the 14 nights of fun page :smile:
Reply 7
I think you need to know your hall of residence to order the things for freshers' fest. Which is really frustrating considering some of us haven't heard yet and the deadline (certainly for Freshers' fest) is in three days.
Reply 8
this is REALLY frustrating. are we newbies suppose to get this welcome pack with accommodation details etc? has anyone received that? i know what u mean :frown: because we dont know which hall im going to be living in, we cant sign up for this freshers fest and 14 nights thing. bummer :frown: why dont we have our own little celebration then??? :biggrin:
i suggest we all meet with considerable amounts of alcohol infront of the chancelors office and party there as a sign of protest. We might be kicked out but at least it will be fun!
Reply 10
hahahaha. that IS one way :wink: sounds fun :biggrin: at least theres ALCOHOL involved! now THAT idea i like :biggrin: and being a rebel too :wink: i wish i knew which hall im going to be at :frown: but whatever happens, we should all have an AMAZING time rite?!!! :biggrin: im just gonna make sure i go clubbing and drink all the booze i want before the 2nd of OCT! :biggrin: anyone interested? :cool: oh yea, and tour birmingham so that at least i know what kinda area im going to be living in for the next 4 years! :eek:
im open to anything involving alcohol! (even post oct 2nd!)

edit: i do want to sleep at some point though!
Reply 12
oh you'll get some sleep :wink: during lectures!!! :p: :biggrin: hey, when r u international students arriving england?
im going the 21st with my family to just check the place out, buy stuff that i see i need, open up bank accounts etc etc. i think its to early but they are the ones paying for the flight tickets so its not like i have a say in this! you?
Reply 14
im 'suppose' to arrive 24th cos it takes like erm...12 hours to get to england from malaysia! :eek:. i wanted to leave earlier, maybe 22nd, you know, so i get time to sort some stuff out but my bro's coming back from new zealand only on the 22nd, i wanna spend some time with him, bond a bit :p: havent seen him for months! :eek: dont know when im gonna see him next.

im still stressing about not getting my stuff. im getting angry :mad:

at least your family's going with you. lucky :wink: only my moms coming. hey, you got your accommodation stuff yet? where u from anyway 'catalan midget'
well i emailed the housing ppl and they told me that htey had made me an offer and that i should contact them in case that i received no info by post or email in 5 days. the 5 days are over tomorrow so ill be emailing them again and hopefully ill get all the stuff i need!

I'm from catalunya which is an autonomous community in Spain. It was a country untill we were invaded and now we live under spanish rule! ah... damn them! SO where am i from, Spain or Catalunya? Catalunya all the way! (sorry for that slight slight political semi-rant...)
Reply 16
they made you an offer for a place in one of the halls? thats great!! they've probably rejected me :frown: so i think im gonna be a hobbo and live on the streets but go to lectures :P at least you got something from housing services! they never reply my emails :frown:

catalunya. wow. never heard till i googled! :P dont worry. i dont understand politics anyway :P and i just dont like george bush :biggrin: sorry. i can get very random at times :P
well if you have to live in the street i'd live in the bullring. I've never really been to downtown birmingham but apparently (according to comments made on this forum) the bullring is a good place for shoping, so if you make that your home you wont need food (shoplifting in the supermarket) or clothes (just take what you want at night)!!

haha no one really knows about catalunya untill they meet a catalan so no worries!!

oh, and randomness ****ing kicks ass!
Reply 18
you should know im one of the most RANDOM freaks you can ever meet. im surprise birmingham actually even accepted me! :biggrin: hahaha! suckers. :p: their worse nightmare is gonna begin pretty soon....:wink:

bullring eh? good good. true. and i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE shopping :suith: :biggrin: thanks for the tip! hahahaha.

so what course you taking up at birmingham?
International Relations! It sounds very nice but i dont know what it's about really! jk. it is really interesting and all, unlike you i am into politics and all that shait! I've lived in different countries during my life so int relations is just what im looking for! i dont know what im gonna do after it but at least i know what I wanna do no!

oh share your wisdom and tell me what you shall be doing!

Latest

Trending

Trending