The Student Room Group

Oxford MAT Test - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Intelligence sources indicate that five or six colleges have sent out a batch of invitations to interview. However the biggest colleges are not in this group.
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Intelligence sources indicate that five or six colleges have sent out a batch of invitations to interview. However the biggest colleges are not in this group.

Magdalen was the first college to send it out lol
My balliol sources have not heard yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1383
how can you get your results if you are applying for imperial college ?
Original post by ld97
how can you get your results if you are applying for imperial college ?

if you mean MAT results you have to wait until the fat lady finishes and then ask. Nobody is meant to know marks whilst the process is running.
Original post by defleur
Congrats! :biggrin: when&in what form did you get your invitation?

4pm Friday and by email
Reply 1386
has anyone recieved any offers from St Johns for straight maths?
Original post by arun96

I'm also applying to St. Johns for straight maths. I just checked the thread from last year, and I saw someone mentioning that they had received their interview invite for St. John's on the 2nd of December - so hopefully only a couple more days for us to wait :biggrin:
Original post by foxfire54
I'm also applying to St. Johns for straight maths. I just checked the thread from last year, and I saw someone mentioning that they had received their interview invite for St. John's on the 2nd of December - hopefully only a couple more days for us to wait :biggrin:

Hopefully you're right, but I have a bad feeling that I'm going to get a decision at the latest possible date.

What's annoying me most is that St John's Candidates News page is completely useless. If they're going to put a page that lists which interview invitations have been sent out on their website, they may as well update it each time they do send out invitations.
Original post by ThatPerson
Hopefully you're right, but I have a bad feeling that I'm going to get a decision at the latest possible date.

What's annoying me most is that St John's Candidates News page is completely useless. If they're going to put a page that lists which interview invitations have been sent out on their website, they may as well update it each time they do send out invitations.

They do update their Facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/stjohnsoxford?hc_location=timeline

Last updated with invites to Humanities on Friday.
Original post by arun96

Nope - I take it you mean interview invitations :tongue:
Here comes the week where I'll be frantically checking my emails (not that I haven't already), especially since there's a chance I'll hear from Imperial as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is probably the hardest week since school life started. I've applied for Mathematics and Statistics to St.Peter's College.
All the best to everyone out there :smile:
Original post by iwantpi
This is probably the hardest week since school life started. I've applied for Mathematics and Statistics to St.Peter's College.
All the best to everyone out there :smile:

The reward for getting in:
This time next year you get to camp on the street through a freezing November night to get a student house for October 2016. Grrrrrreat.
Original post by arslany
How many Computer Science & Philosophy applicants are in here?

I don't think we've officially released that data yet. I think it's fair to say that CS&P was about the same as last year. There was an increase in the number of applications for straight CS and Maths and CS.
I've got an interview for straight maths at St. Catherine's. Yay!
Original post by Oxford Computer Science Dept
I don't think we've officially released that data yet. I think it's fair to say that CS&P was about the same as last year. There was an increase in the number of applications for straight CS and Maths and CS.

Does that mean more were shortlisted? Or will there be an increase in shortlisting then more rejections?
I've just got rejected by Hertford (Maths). good luck to everyone getting an invitation!
Original post by Beasttty
Does that mean more were shortlisted? Or will there be an increase in shortlisting then more rejections?

I don't have the final figures across the three degrees yet I'm afraid. But, my feeling is we'll be shortlist a handful more candidates this year, than last. It won't be a big increase in the number we shortlist, as we aren't expecting to be able to offer significantly more places.
Interview for straight Maths at Queens 😁😁!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending