The Student Room Group

Should I take a gap year?

I got A*AA in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Ideally if I was to take a gap year, I would like to get a place at UCL to study Natural Sciences or Physics, leaning towards Natural Sciences.

I've already got a place to study Physics at uni, should I get them to release me and reapply in hope to get a place at UCL?

Also can you get your university to release you so that you can take a gap year once you've done the online registration.

If I was to take up AS, maybe even A2, Further Maths - would this help my application a lot? Does it mean instead of getting an unconditional offer, that I would get a conditional offer?

If I was to take a gap year, what other universities should I apply to?
Original post by arabellaa
I got A*AA in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Ideally if I was to take a gap year, I would like to get a place at UCL to study Natural Sciences or Physics, leaning towards Natural Sciences.

I've already got a place to study Physics at uni, should I get them to release me and reapply in hope to get a place at UCL?

Also can you get your university to release you so that you can take a gap year once you've done the online registration.

If I was to take up AS, maybe even A2, Further Maths - would this help my application a lot? Does it mean instead of getting an unconditional offer, that I would get a conditional offer?

If I was to take a gap year, what other universities should I apply to?

It is still possible to be released however I would do it sooner rather then later. Just email the admissions department and they should be able to assist you.

It would help, what were your A Levels in? They could make you an offer for say an A in Further Maths if they wanted to, we don't know what they would do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending