The Student Room Group

How well does this outfit work?

----
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well it kind of looks like a granny outfit, no offence. I think it's the long skirt.
Reply 2
Don't like the skirt sorry x it looks kind of mumsy...perhaps skinny jeans or capri leggings!?
The outfit has an air of "got dressed in the dark" to it, sorry! :redface: Agreed that jeans, or at least a shorter skirt would look better. Although I'm not a fan of the jumper to be honest.
If you want to wear the skirt, wear a silky cami (loosely tucked in) with it and maybe a belt?
My immediate thought is it reminds me of a nun. Not sure why. I think it's just the skirt though! :biggrin:
I like it.
Reply 6
Not confident wearing jeans with a cropped jumper, the skirt hides my belly. :redface:

I really liked the jumper, wasn't sure if the skirt worked with it.

Thank you for your feedback. x
(edited 9 years ago)
are you girls always so mean to each other.I like it but what do I know, I'm only a guy.
Reply 8
Original post by emobambam
are you girls always so mean to each other.I like it but what do I know, I'm only a guy.

They're not being mean, they're being honest. :smile:
Reply 9
it would look better if the skirt was a plain black one!

It doesn't look bad tho, if you feel good in it then wear it :smile:
Original post by Lil08
They're not being mean, they're being honest. :smile:

but you can say it in a nice way.hahaha you can't have your rep points back.
Reply 11
Original post by emobambam
but you can say it in a nice way.hahaha you can't have your rep points back.

It was nice, I didn't take any offence to it.
Reply 12
Original post by Lil08
Not confident wearing jeans with a cropped jumper, the skirt hides my belly. :redface:

I really liked the jumper, wasn't sure if the skirt worked with it.

Thank you for your feedback. x

I've seen people wear clothes like that. It's a bit of an indie thing, long skirts like that. You could just keep it like it is, recognising that most people would think it ages you, and wouldn't like it, but people would recognise that it's your style, and you don't necessarily need to be ashamed of that.

The thing is, models are paid because they can make anything look amazing. In reality you'd have to put a lot of thought into the outfit to make that jumper work.

It's a cropped jumper, so it is kind of meant to show some of your tummy. Maybe you shouldn't wear the jumper at all if it makes you uncomfortable wearing it the way it's meant to be worn. It sounds as though you wouldn't wear anything with that jumper that wasn't high on your waist.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lil08
x

It's like you want to merge three different trends into one outfit - only it just doesn't work for you. :tongue:
Why not wear high waisted jeans instead of the skirt? That way your stomach is covered.
Reply 15
a high waisted skirt?
Don't wear that, sweetie. The dress and jumper are nice but they just don't go together. :smile:

I'd suggest wearing a sleeveless plain white top (a vest top) that is tucked in with the skirt and skinny jeans with the jumper.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
definitely the third outfit with the plain white chiffon shirt.

you should buy some high waisted jeans if you have cropped tops/jumpers btw!
Reply 18
All the outfits with the jeans look best
Reply 19
The 3rd one works the best out of those, it's a proper vintage look, you need a certain kind of face though to pull it off, if your face and hair is wrong it might look like you pulled it out of grandmas wardrobe. The shoes are a little bit heavy looking with the shirt though and take the smart/casual vibes to Fosters Gold level confusion. Three is still the best but I'd say go more lightweight on the shoes I'm not crazy about them anyway and they hurt the classic look of the outfit. The 4th one is an abomination, layering is always an Autumn trend, cut and sew was a 2014 thing and this kind of looks like both but just really really bad versions

Quick Reply

Latest